In a recent article for Sustainable Industries, green industry analyst Neal Dikeman made some predictions for the cleantech sector in '09 in spite of the credit crunch and capital market meltdown. The article is worth a read, and here are some highlights:
- Lower oil prices will harm the EV/PHEV and biofuels sectors significantly
- He's bullish on thin film solar potential
- Large players in the energy sector will swoop up mid-sized solar players
- Nuclear may gain a strong footing as a comprimise for low carbon energy creation
- Green building hype will peter out
It's not all doom and gloom, but is a relatively realistic, informed look. Take a look and post your thoughts.