Green Options › Forums › Feedback/Tech Talk › Site Suggestions (and Compliments) › A slight change to the forums and a few other things
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A slight change to the forums and a few other things

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

Hey folks.  We just updated the site a bit.  Here's what you might notice:

 

1.  The forum navigator (meaning that box that slides around and lists the different forum threads) is now on the right hand side, instead of on the left.
 

 

2. On the logged out home page, we changed up the little rectangle that explains a bit what the site is all about.  It used to look like this...

 

Now it looks like this...

 

There are a few other minor changes (slightly changed font for the "Recent Discussions/Recent Reviews/Recent Wikis" in the footer, etc), but those are the two biggest things for this week.

 

Questions?  Comments?  Concerns?

post #2 of 14

lol, good to know, i thought i was loosing it ;-)

post #3 of 14

Did you change the email subscription notification format?  I gotta say I liked it better before when there were some graphics.  Now it's all text.  Booooring!

post #4 of 14

Hmmm, I know that we made a change to the subscription emails so that Facebook could handle them, but I didn't think it would effect the normal users' subscriptions. We'll take a look at it. Thanks!

 

 (Sorry for any confusion here - this is Deej - I was testing out stuff with my FB account and didn't realize my privacy settings were set to block my username, etc.)


Edited by deej - Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:52:41 GMT
post #5 of 14

Yeah, I noticed too that the subscription emails I get are just text... :(

I liked it the way it was before!

post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana1981:

Did you change the email subscription notification format?  I gotta say I liked it better before when there were some graphics.  Now it's all text.  Booooring!

That was an error on my part.  You should be seeing HTML email again starting this morning.

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Farmer:

That was an error on my part.  You should be seeing HTML email again starting this morning.


 

No such luck - still just text emails.

post #8 of 14

Oh wait, the email I just got was in HTML, so maybe it's fixed now.

post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana1981:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Farmer:

That was an error on my part.  You should be seeing HTML email again starting this morning.


 

No such luck - still just text emails.

 

My goof again.  Everything except immediate subscription email was fixed as of my last post.  I neglected to restart the immediate subscription mailer at that time, however, so those kept going out in text until I corrected that this morning (thanks to a tip from dordal).


Edited by frank farmer - Tue, 16 Dec 2008 19:39:27 GMT
post #10 of 14

Hi!

there is something I have been thinking for a while while browsing the forums. I mean everything is great, but it would help me if there was a way to clearly tell the new posts (posts that I haven't read since the last time I logged on). For example it would be great to be taken directly to the new posts after clicking on a discussion, instead of just scrolling through the whole thread and figuring out which posts are new. Also, the new posts could be highlighted, you know, that number on the top right hand side could be bold.

 

I know, I'm lazy. But it would help so much to keep up with all the great discussions going on!


Edited by eris - Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:19:25 GMT
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eris:

Hi!

there is something I have been thinking for a while while browsing the forums. I mean everything is great, but it would help me if there was a way to clearly tell the new posts (posts that I haven't read since the last time I logged on). For example it would be great to be taken directly to the new posts after clicking on a discussion, instead of just scrolling through the whole thread and figuring out which posts are new. Also, the new posts could be highlighted, you know, that number on the top right hand side could be bold.

 

I know, I'm lazy. But it would help so much to keep up with all the great discussions going on!


Edited by eris - Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:19:25 GMT

 

Wouldn't you know it!  We're working on something along those lines.  It won't be up and running for another little while yet, but there will be a little icon indicating which threads have new posts since your last visit.  When you click that icon, it will take you to the first post you have not read (so it will be customized for each user).  How does that sound?

post #12 of 14
Quote

 

Wouldn't you know it!  We're working on something along those lines.  It won't be up and running for another little while yet, but there will be a little icon indicating which threads have new posts since your last visit.  When you click that icon, it will take you to the first post you have not read (so it will be customized for each user).  How does that sound?

 

It sounds perfect!!!

post #13 of 14

SUPER SNEAK PREVIEW!!!!! (like the Prius releasing a picture of a mystery button) - let the suspense build :)

 

post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej:

SUPER SNEAK PREVIEW!!!!! (like the Prius releasing a picture of a mystery button) - let the suspense build :)

 

 

Ooooooo...Exciting!  I think I can see where it's going.  :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Green Options › Forums › Feedback/Tech Talk › Site Suggestions (and Compliments) › A slight change to the forums and a few other things