I am inundated with unwanted catalogs in my mailbox every single day - it is such a waste. The following site allows you to opt out of receiving those unwanted catalogs: www:catalogchoice.org - it's free, easy to use and will eliminate so much waste!
Related Forum Threads
- See Disneynature’s OCEANS on Earth Day 2010! Last post on 4/14/10 at 2:29pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- SNL Junk Mail video Last post on 5/23/09 at 7:55am in Take Action Online
- Every Drop Matters Last post on 5/3/11 at 10:00am in Home & Garden
- save water begining your shower. Last post on 10/28/11 at 6:55am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Conservation before Generation Last post on 9/5/10 at 6:18pm in Renewable Energy
What Is A Het High Efficiency Toilet
Edited on 9/12/08
- Cut Energy Bills With Pioneer DayEdited on 3/10/09
- Frugal Beginners Guide To GreenEdited on 9/26/11
- Frugal Intermediates Guide To GreenEdited on 9/26/11
- Frugal Experts Guide To GreenEdited on 9/26/11
Related Blog Posts
Find Out What Your Water Footprint Is And How To Reduce It.
Published on 6/5/08 by The Good Human
Going Back To The Corded Phone To Save Energy.
Published on 5/15/08 by The Good Human
Could Research Show That People Are Not Interested In Green Homes?
Published on 4/8/08 by The Good Human
New Free Font “Ecofont” Reduces Ink in Printing by 20%
Published on 12/12/08 by sustainablog
Standby Kill Chip: The End of Vampire Power?
Published on 12/3/08 by Cleantechnica
I have to and very seldom do but this vodka is the very best...
Okay, so we're a little biased! :)
Great product: Beach Sage and Citron Leaf Method Bloq. Goes on thin, dries quickly with no greasy feel. Lasts a long time. Best of all no petroleum products in it, in fact, all indgredients in...
The Venting does not meet the minimum required length to go out side? It is vented in PVC so it looks like it goes outside right behind the boiler and the minimum length is 12' with a 90...
Unwanted Catalogspost #1 of 611/16/08 at 7:10amThread Starterpost #2 of 611/17/08 at 11:48ampost #3 of 612/30/08 at 9:50pmpost #4 of 61/16/09 at 10:17am
Thats great! I will opt out right away. I wish there was a way to stop all the junk mail offers in general. Not because it's so much annoying and I admit it, sometimes I even end up ordering stuff but I hate to see all that paper waste. I do recycle it all but i just wish they would stop wasting the paper in the first place. Get the hint stupids: nobody uses the snail mail anymore!post #5 of 61/16/09 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Chris Jordan:
I joined an organisation that claimed to cut off catalogues about 4 months ago. Claim was 1 month, no more.
I must have received 50 since, including catalogues I did not get before!. Thank goodness we have excellent recyclers here, but I am wary of this type of scam now.
Oh no! That's terrible!
I haven't joined Catalog Choice myself, but I would be inclined to trust them. Their website says, "Catalog Choice is a sponsored project of the Ecology Center. It is endorsed by the National Wildlife Federation and the Natural Resources Defense Council, and funded by the Overbrook Foundation, the Merck Family Fund, the Kendeda Fund, the Weeden Foundation and the Mead Foundation." I have huge respect for NWF and the NRDC. I haven't actually been over to the Ecology Center which is in Berkeley, CA but it's definitely on the list. Maybe we'll do an In The Industry interview with them!post #6 of 61/19/09 at 9:12amQuote:Originally Posted by stins:Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jordan:
Oh no! That's terrible!
I haven't joined Catalog Choice myself, but I would be inclined to trust them.
I was a bit hasty shunning them all for 1 not working! I joined Catolog Choiceand filled out a long list of catalogs I get. Seems very complete; except that constant Publishers Clearing House. I hope for the best!
- Unwanted Catalogs
- Cut Energy Bills With Pioneer Day
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 6 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 2 days, 4 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 2 days, 16 hours ago
- › The Trouble with Asbestos Disposal 2 days, 16 hours ago
- › Avanti pr code 81345782170 Hong Kong Engineering - the avanti group... 3 days, 2 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 3 days, 2 hours ago
- › Event Boiler News - ZIMBIO 3 days, 2 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management Jakarta Reviews 3 days, 4 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management : World's First Algae House Produces... 4 days, 2 hours ago
- › Welcome to the community! Introduce yourself 4 days, 3 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru