WaterSaver Technologies Aqus greywater system takes handwash water and uses it to flush the toilet. According to their studies, the Aqus is expected to save 8 gallons of fresh water (or more) per day for "two person bathrooms with normal activities in more than 50% of bathrooms." Given this (and the assumption that the average household spends $7.00 per 1,000 gallons on fresh water and wastewater management), WaterSaver reports that the Aqus can save you 2,920 gallons of water and $20.44 on water and wastewater charges.
Related Forum Threads
- Aqus demonstration video Last post on 1/2/09 at 12:50am in Home & Garden
- Quick Tip - Save that shower water! Last post on 3/17/09 at 9:14am in Home & Garden
- See Disneynature’s OCEANS on Earth Day 2010! Last post on 4/14/10 at 2:29pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- SNL Junk Mail video Last post on 5/23/09 at 7:55am in Take Action Online
- Climate Progress's suggestions for a green home Last post on 3/20/09 at 1:42pm in Home & Garden
Frugal Experts Guide To Green
Edited on 9/26/11
- Introduction To GreywaterEdited on 7/10/08
- What Is A Het High Efficiency ToiletEdited on 9/12/08
- Cut Energy Bills With Pioneer DayEdited on 3/10/09
- Frugal Beginners Guide To GreenEdited on 9/26/11
Related Blog Posts
Find Out What Your Water Footprint Is And How To Reduce It.
Published on 6/5/08 by The Good Human
Going Back To The Corded Phone To Save Energy.
Published on 5/15/08 by The Good Human
Could Research Show That People Are Not Interested In Green Homes?
Published on 4/8/08 by The Good Human
Sink-to-Yard Graywater Retrofit Could Make Desert Bloom
Published on 3/29/09 by Cleantechnica
New Free Font “Ecofont” Reduces Ink in Printing by 20%
Published on 12/12/08 by sustainablog
I have to and very seldom do but this vodka is the very best...
Okay, so we're a little biased! :)
Great product: Beach Sage and Citron Leaf Method Bloq. Goes on thin, dries quickly with no greasy feel. Lasts a long time. Best of all no petroleum products in it, in fact, all indgredients in...
The Venting does not meet the minimum required length to go out side? It is vented in PVC so it looks like it goes outside right behind the boiler and the minimum length is 12' with a 90...
The AQUS saves more than $20 per year.post #1 of 512/4/07 at 1:51pmThread Starterpost #2 of 51/3/08 at 12:04pmpost #3 of 51/3/08 at 12:08pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Eli:
Does the pipe run from the tank under the vanity to the toilet show (i.e. does it have to be on the outside of the wall)?
For retrofits, it's of course easiest just to run the pipe along the wall or right above the baseboard. I met a guy at the Green Festival in San Francisco who told me his wife was really concerned about how the pipe would look on the wall (especially because she was an interior designer). But he told me you can get a nice little cover so you hardly even notice that the pipe is there. For new construction, I believe you can build the pipe into the wall.post #4 of 51/3/08 at 1:56pmpost #5 of 51/2/09 at 12:59am
The problem with the Aqus is that it uses swimming pool chlorine tablets to disinfect the water as it passes through the drain pipe on the way to the storage tank. There is a strong chlorine odor when you use the sink. The problem is compounded by the fact that the Aqus folks have not taken into account the possibility that someone could very easily pour a cleaning product down the bathroom sink containing ammonia causing the creation of chloroform gas that would easily render the victim uncoscious and possibly cause death if the exposure was great enough. These should be remove from the market as a safety hazard.
- The AQUS saves more than $20 per year.
- Introduction To Greywater
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 17 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 2 days, 15 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › The Trouble with Asbestos Disposal 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › Avanti pr code 81345782170 Hong Kong Engineering - the avanti group... 3 days, 12 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 3 days, 13 hours ago
- › Event Boiler News - ZIMBIO 3 days, 13 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management Jakarta Reviews 3 days, 15 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management : World's First Algae House Produces... 4 days, 13 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru