Vinegar has been used for years for cleaning, You can even use it in a carpet machine for cleaning your carpet, Thanks for reply
Related Forum Threads
- Shaklee Last post on 10/22/12 at 10:23pm in Home & Garden
- New Bill to Protect Children from Untested Chemicals Last post on 10/25/09 at 10:25pm in Babies & Kids
- Which natural and organic cleaners are made here in the US and which ones aren’t ? Last post on 2/23/10 at 12:03am in Renewable Energy
- Get Squeaky Clean with Mary Findley - Huddler Interview Last post on 6/5/09 at 10:18am in Ask An Industry Leader
- Scotch-Brite comes out with green cleaning products Last post on 11/9/12 at 7:43am in Home & Garden
Homemade Non Toxic Home Air Fresheners
Last edited: 9/26/11
- Long List Of Green Freebies And Budget HelpersLast edited: 7/8/11
- Homemade Cleaner Recipes And TipsLast edited: 8/8/12
- Pest ControlLast edited: 1/24/11
- How To Green Your KitchenLast edited: 3/30/11
These are great LED replacements for halogens or fluorescents. I had a mix of CFLs and halogens around the house that i've been wanting to replace with low energy LEDs for some time and I've now...
Goes on smooth and easily, doesn't smear too much throughout the day. The color is great and the product is natural. I'd definitely buy it again!
I'm not a big drinker, and I'm even less of a vodka drinker. That said, this vodka is quite smooth and mixed well into a variety of cocktails. If I'm going to drink vodka, I definitely prefer...
Great product, saves a lot of water. You definitely have to use some elbow grease though.
It's one of my favorites!
Least expensive green products? - Page 2post #32 of 428/3/11 at 3:19pmpost #33 of 429/15/11 at 12:01pmpost #34 of 429/16/11 at 9:13ampost #35 of 429/11/12 at 1:20pm
I would like to know if I can use a green powdered laundry detergent in my front loader high efficiency machine. I am worried about ruining the machine by switching to the green DIY detergent recipe. I currently use a green liquid variety but it is so expensive and I want to make my own. Any thought?post #36 of 429/17/12 at 12:07pm
Funny enough going green with cleaning products is actually one of the cheapest ways you can go. Just plain old vinegar can clean so many things in the house. Guaranteed if you have a surface that needs cleaning just google "vinegar" and the surface and I bet there is an article describing how it can be cleaned. An easy cheap general surface house cleaning solution is to mix orange peels with white vinegar and you get a scented green cleaner that cleans very effectively.post #37 of 4211/9/12 at 11:46am
Another product people left out was the age-old SALT. NaCl can be dissolved in many substances like water or alcohol and used to clean a variety of surfaces and items, or you can crush it and use it directly on rougher surfaces like concrete and stone (outdoor areas).
For our eco-friendly green cleaning company we never use any harsh chemicals or anything like Bleach or Ammonia. Sometimes clients ask us to use bleach to clean a frequently used restroom and we always suggest our favorite alternative - Hydrogen Peroxide, which you can read more by clicking on the link. We generally mix it with Lemon Juice to give it a bit more cleaning power and a scent, but you can mix it with any type of essential oil and it would do the same. Lemon Juice might be a bit cheaper tho.
Hope these tips are useful.
Edited by GreenAir - 1/22/13 at 7:04pmpost #38 of 4212/31/12 at 4:21pmpost #39 of 421/27/13 at 8:25am
Good for you for only using green products. Individual responsibility is exactly what it will take to create a sustainable future.
You can find some great affordable green products at www.self-sustainable-living.com . You will find everything you need for to go green, get off the grid as well as products and information on spiritual, mental and physical health. There is also a section on creating wealth so you can afford to purchase whatever you need.post #40 of 424/15/13 at 9:41pm
Although these are all nice ideas/products not a single one of them put money in your pocket like the Hand Held Bidet Sprayer does. Hand Held Bidets cost little to buy and you can install them yourself but once installed you will save money everyday forever on toilet paper. With a Hand Bidet you hardly need toilet paper just a small towel to dry off and you will be Cleaner, Greener, and saving Green Backs for the rest of your lives! See www.bathroomsprayers.com.post #41 of 4211/2/13 at 12:03pmpost #42 of 4211/7/13 at 2:59pmI have been using this green household product called Sol-u-Mel and it is fantastic! it is based off a special kind of Teatree oil mixed with other natural herbs and ingredient. The thing that really amazed me about it though is that it was really tough! It removes stains out of carpet can be used as an every day household cleaner and pretty much used for every kind of cleaning problem
- Long List Of Green Freebies And Budget Helpers
- › Eco-friendly cloth diaper from ncybaby.com on 5/9/15
- › Eco Friendly Reusable Shopping Bags on 5/5/15
- › found a cache of Jacobs Wind turbine stuff on 4/17/15
- › A missing tropical troposphere 'hot spot' disproves man-made global... on 3/30/15
- › Global warming also causes extreme cold on 3/30/15
- › GM's vice chairman calls global warming a crock of sh** on 3/30/15
- › Funding drives findings on 3/30/15
- › The Denial Machine on 3/30/15
- › "Skeptics on Human Climate Impact Seize on Cold Spell" (NYT) on 3/30/15
- › Global sea ice has decreased since 1979 on 3/30/15
- › Tuwago B3-12DPRO 12-watt BR30 Flood LED Lamp by paul518
- › Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Eye Pencil, Coal, 0.04 Ounce by smallone
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by cristina7
- › Lucky Earth Waterless Car Wash by cristina7
- › Method Dish Soap by cristina7
- › Seventh Generation Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner by cristina7
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Organic 4th of July Cocktails
- › Tips on Grocery Shopping
- › Making Your Breakfast Organic
- › Eco-Friendly Car Washing
- › Guide to Method Home Products
- › Best All Purpose Cleaners
- › Best Natural Bathroom Cleaners
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind...
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and...