I know we assume that is something says it is an eco-friendly or green product it is. Not so, it is very important to read labels and know your ingredients as many of these products deemed green contain sodium laurel or laureth sulphates and parabens. I also have an issue with big names like Tide saying they are doing their part for the environment by making the product concentrated and putting it in a smaller bottle...the product is still the same chemicals and pollutants only in a smaller bottle. The big companies are so quick to jump on and market for the green bandwagon and people so naive as to fall for the scam simply because an advert says it is better for the environment. Knowledge is power and arming yourself with the knowledge and know how is really key in this situation. Get the facts about the products you use, know your ingredients and be a green savvy shopper!
Related Forum Threads
- Green Products everywhere Last post on 10/29/08 at 6:35am in Home & Garden
- Dr. Bronner's Sues "Organic" Cosmetics Companies Last post on 3/2/09 at 12:03am in Environmental News and Politics
- Phthalates in Method? Last post on 2/13/09 at 10:20am in Home & Garden
- Cool new stickers for fake organic products Last post on 8/12/10 at 5:15pm in Take Action Near You
- EPA Makes Chemical Information More Accessible to Public Last post on 6/1/10 at 8:46am in Personal Care & Clothing
List Of Fakers And Not Fakers
Last edited: 10/27/12
- Long List Of Green Freebies And Budget HelpersLast edited: 7/8/11
- Ingredients To AvoidLast edited: 12/17/08
- His And Her ProductsLast edited: 4/27/10
- Homemade Non Toxic Home Air FreshenersLast edited: 9/26/11
These are great LED replacements for halogens or fluorescents. I had a mix of CFLs and halogens around the house that i've been wanting to replace with low energy LEDs for some time and I've now...
Goes on smooth and easily, doesn't smear too much throughout the day. The color is great and the product is natural. I'd definitely buy it again!
I'm not a big drinker, and I'm even less of a vodka drinker. That said, this vodka is quite smooth and mixed well into a variety of cocktails. If I'm going to drink vodka, I definitely prefer...
Great product, saves a lot of water. You definitely have to use some elbow grease though.
It's one of my favorites!
reading your labelspost #1 of 46/11/08 at 3:08pmThread Starterpost #2 of 46/11/08 at 3:34pm
I just started a wiki on ingredients in personal care and cleaning products to avoid. It's certainly not complete and has some holes I haven't filled in yet...so it'd be great to get the combined wisdom of the Huddle in there!post #3 of 47/25/08 at 10:42ampost #4 of 47/25/08 at 10:43am
i'm sure between all of us we can fill it out pretty well ;-)
Originally Posted by stins:
I just started a wiki on ingredients in personal care and cleaning products to avoid. It's certainly not complete and has some holes I haven't filled in yet...so it'd be great to get the combined wisdom of the Huddle in there!
- Long List Of Green Freebies And Budget Helpers
- › like know if I'm pregnant on 4/18/17
- › What's your favorite food? on 12/6/16
- › what is your opinion ? on 12/6/16
- › Regarding submitting Article on 12/6/16
- › Why harvest rainwater? on 12/6/16
- › Soot! on 12/6/16
- › Funding drives findings on 12/6/16
- › The Denial Machine on 12/6/16
- › GM's vice chairman calls global warming a crock of sh** on 12/6/16
- › Solar panel / Electrics question on 12/6/16
- › Tuwago B3-12DPRO 12-watt BR30 Flood LED Lamp by paul518
- › Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Eye Pencil, Coal, 0.04 Ounce by smallone
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by cristina7
- › Lucky Earth Waterless Car Wash by cristina7
- › Method Dish Soap by cristina7
- › Seventh Generation Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner by cristina7
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Organic 4th of July Cocktails
- › Tips on Grocery Shopping
- › Making Your Breakfast Organic
- › Eco-Friendly Car Washing
- › Guide to Method Home Products
- › Best All Purpose Cleaners
- › Best Natural Bathroom Cleaners
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind...
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and...