I just love how people worry about the electric grid getting overloaded from electric cars plugging into it when in reality there isn't one electric car you can go right out and buy today for under 100k. If you learn more about electric cars, you'll find they can actually help manage power loads (delay future power plant building) by sending electricity both ways, using their batteries. If you plug your car in at night and tell it you want a full charge by 7 AM it can during the night send some energy out if there is a power spike and still have time to draw in enough energy to be charged by morning. It's a "smart" charging system. Also, taking gasoline out of the equation saves not just the cost of gasoline, but the energy and pollution used to refine and transport it to the gas stations. Think of all those diesel tankers being taken off the highways. In reality, using an electric car will use less overall energy then using a gasoline powered car. No more big rig haulers, not to mention the waste of oil tankers I bet they get 10 feet to a gallon.
Related Forum Threads
- What did you do today? Last post on 3/4/11 at 9:37pm in Take Action Near You
- Where are you buying your Nissan Leaf? Last post on 10/31/12 at 12:03pm in Transportation
- How to charge your electric car at home Last post on 8/17/10 at 6:33pm in Transportation
- Chevy Volt will carry 8-year battery warranty Last post on 7/14/10 at 2:34pm in Transportation
- BMW to produce a carbon fiber EV in 2013 Last post on 10/27/10 at 2:00pm in Transportation
Introduction To Electric Cars And Electric Scooters
Edited on 1/17/11
- Electric Car RevolutionEdited on 1/18/11
Related Blog Posts
Jay Leno Drives The Electric Tesla Roadster.
Published on 11/21/08 by The Good Human
Video Of The Mitsubishi iMiEV Electric Car - I Want One.
Published on 5/23/08 by The Good Human
Bring On The Electric Car - Just Paid $4.03 A Gallon For Gas.
Published on 4/17/08 by The Good Human
EarthTalk: On Electric Or Plug-In Cars Getting Charged From Polluting Plants.
Published on 3/15/09 by The Good Human
Europe Gets the Electric-Solar Blues
Published on 3/14/09 by greenUPGRADER
These sheets are really amazing. I bought a few pairs of bamboo sheets before, and I liked them. But they really seemed to deteriorate quickly and left me somewhat annoyed. But these have last...
The bamboo toothbrush has a clean design, does not absorb water or warp when wet for a long time. The bristles stay intact until you put it in hot water for a long time. It seems like the tip of...
I have to and very seldom do but this vodka is the very best...
Okay, so we're a little biased! :)
Great product: Beach Sage and Citron Leaf Method Bloq. Goes on thin, dries quickly with no greasy feel. Lasts a long time. Best of all no petroleum products in it, in fact, all indgredients in...
- Electric Car Revolution
Electric cars abound! - Page 2
Featured Stories on Green Options
The Nissan leaf is a 100% electric car with an MSRP of only $32780. I am not a mathematician but I think that is less than 100k. Then there is the Chevy Volt hybrid that has an MSRP of $41000. Electric cars are getting more affordable by the day.
Joeseph, The average 18 wheeled semi truck gets round 4.5 MPG. I think electric cars become more viable as renewable energy gets more available.
Maybe most everyone has heard of the T-Rex; ~cometh the E-Rex~:
I am only guessing about reasons for that motorcycle appearance; maybe length and width of rear portions. That silver battery box (if that is what is is) and the motor are HUGE. It may be possible to divide batteries then shroud them with the body and shorten the wheelbase; but I am sure it is long for a reason.
I certainly wish more 3-wheelers were on the road- lonely out there!
I am still waiting to see info in the local news about what ever happened to the Triac assembly plant in Salinas, CA. 3-wheel electric cars never seemed to get anywhere after the two Zap models (sedan / pickup). I have not seen an operating Alius or Triac; but a Zebra electric car club was informed here as I noticed in a Craigslist electric car classified ad.
- › Earth Day: Top 5 best ways to Green your home for less 1 week, 5 days ago
- › Which is greener: bidets or toilet paper? 1 week, 5 days ago
- › Has anyone tried Sanre organic skinfood products? 2 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Recommendations for Green Apps? 3 weeks, 1 day ago
- › The EV-Hater's Guide to Hating Electric Cars 3 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost through Boiler Efficiency 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- › Conservation before Generation 4 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 1 month ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... on 5/20/13
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop by SolarReviews
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind... by leahjarratt
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and... by floodlights
- › How to Recycle With House Clearances by Fleur
- › Starwood Hotels & Resorts Starts its... by SolarReviews
- › How to choose qualified LED lighting by floodlights
- › Build Your Green Home by Thomas Caulen
- › Brazil Prepares for the 2014 World Cup With... by SolarReviews
- › How to choose healthy environmental... by floodlights
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery by SamsonEd