According to reports, the federal government, late this month, said that they're ever closer to designating BPA as toxic under Canadian law.
BPA has been banned in some U.S. states, but has failed to get banned nationally. It seems so lame that we won't just ban BPA here in the U.S. Too many groups here feel that banning BPA would suck for them. For example, the following groups want BPA to stick around...
- American Chemistry Council
- American Electronics Association
- California Chamber of Commerce
- California Grocers Association
- California League of Food Processors
- California Manufacturers and Technology Association
- California Retailers Association
- Food Products Association
- Grocery Manufacturers of America
- International Bottled Water Association
- Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association
- Metal Container Corp.
- Phthalate Esters Panel
- The Society of the Plastics Industry
- Toy Industry Association
Yeah, it's annoying.