Numbers 1 and 2 on the list of the top-20 largest carbon emitting US counties - Harris, TX (home of Houston) and Los Angeles county.
Related Forum Threads
- New Carbon Counter in NYC Tracks Greenhouse Gas Emissions Last post on 6/24/09 at 3:20pm in Environmental News and Politics
- Forbes: Denmark, which has a carbon cap, is “the best country for business in the world” Last post on 10/2/09 at 6:39pm in News & Policy
- EPA concludes that CO2 emissions endanger public health and welfare Last post on 3/24/09 at 9:54am in News & Policy
- Can anyone clarify the CO2 band saturation thing? Last post on 1/18/09 at 5:17pm in Science
- Carbon Offsets Last post on 1/19/09 at 8:00am in Science
Global Warming Myths
Last edited: 4/11/11
- Global Warming And Climate Change CausesLast edited: 1/31/11
- Carbon Footprint CalculationsLast edited: 1/17/11
- Renewable Energy Credits And Carbon OffsetsLast edited: 9/26/11
- Climate SensitivityLast edited: 5/12/11
These are great LED replacements for halogens or fluorescents. I had a mix of CFLs and halogens around the house that i've been wanting to replace with low energy LEDs for some time and I've now...
Goes on smooth and easily, doesn't smear too much throughout the day. The color is great and the product is natural. I'd definitely buy it again!
I'm not a big drinker, and I'm even less of a vodka drinker. That said, this vodka is quite smooth and mixed well into a variety of cocktails. If I'm going to drink vodka, I definitely prefer...
Great product, saves a lot of water. You definitely have to use some elbow grease though.
It's one of my favorites!
Top 20 carbon-emitting American counties revealedpost #1 of 64/21/08 at 11:33amThread Starterpost #2 of 64/21/08 at 11:56ampost #3 of 64/21/08 at 12:00pmThread Starter
Yeah plus LA county should have pretty environmentally friendly power generation, so those huge emissions have to mainly be coming from cars sitting in traffic. They need to do something about that.
But like the rest of the Vulcan project numbers it's a little tricky because they don't give the populations of these counties, and obviously the larger the population, the larger the carbon emissions.
Edited by dana1981 - Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:02:50 UTCpost #4 of 64/21/08 at 3:14pmpost #5 of 64/21/08 at 3:29pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Deej:
Yikes indeed - even though they don't take population into account, there are still some shocking cities on that list. There's no way that Jefferson, AL is in the top 10 most populated cities in the nation. Is it because of massive industrial population or something?
Well, Jefferson county (home of Birmingham) is not surprisingly the most densely populated county in Alabama, though it still only has 662,000 residents. 64% of its energy comes from coal (zip code 35224), though its energy-related CO2 emissions aren't far above the national average (~9%).
My guess is that the high population density creates some heavy traffic, and that combined with the coal power emissions creates the high levels of CO2. Perhaps there are some coal burning power plants located within Jefferson county.post #6 of 65/10/08 at 7:15pm
Wow! There are two counties in Ohio that are on this list! I'll have to investigate further as to why, but I'm surprised that Franklin, Ohio is not on that list. With all the incredible amounts of "hot" air that come out of our state gov't, they should easily make that list, if not next year, then two years from now.....
- Global Warming And Climate Change Causes
- › like know if I'm pregnant on 4/18/17
- › What's your favorite food? on 12/6/16
- › what is your opinion ? on 12/6/16
- › Regarding submitting Article on 12/6/16
- › Why harvest rainwater? on 12/6/16
- › Soot! on 12/6/16
- › Funding drives findings on 12/6/16
- › The Denial Machine on 12/6/16
- › GM's vice chairman calls global warming a crock of sh** on 12/6/16
- › Solar panel / Electrics question on 12/6/16
- › Tuwago B3-12DPRO 12-watt BR30 Flood LED Lamp by paul518
- › Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Eye Pencil, Coal, 0.04 Ounce by smallone
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by cristina7
- › Lucky Earth Waterless Car Wash by cristina7
- › Method Dish Soap by cristina7
- › Seventh Generation Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner by cristina7
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Organic 4th of July Cocktails
- › Tips on Grocery Shopping
- › Making Your Breakfast Organic
- › Eco-Friendly Car Washing
- › Guide to Method Home Products
- › Best All Purpose Cleaners
- › Best Natural Bathroom Cleaners
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind...
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and...