If you're looking for a place to volunteer but don't exactly know where to look, check out VolunteerMatch.org. They let you search by geographical area and narrow down by interest (ranging from environment to education to sports).
- topicNot For Profittagged by System, 4/17/08
Related Forum Threads
- Mid Missouri Peace Works Last post on 7/28/08 at 8:48am in Take Action Near You
- Carrotmob "Makes it Rain" Last post on 6/12/08 at 7:07pm in Take Action Near You
- WeCanSolveIt.org actions to solve the climate crisis Last post on 7/25/08 at 4:39pm in Take Action Online
- Carrotmob Inaugural Event - March 29th in San Francisco Last post on 4/2/08 at 10:45am in Take Action Near You
- Save the Bay (San Francisco Bay Area) Last post on 12/13/07 at 1:55pm in Take Action Near You
Last edited: 7/28/08
- Goldman Environmental PrizeLast edited: 4/15/08
- 2008 Goldman PrizeLast edited: 7/21/08
- Tips For An Eco Friendly MoveLast edited: 9/26/11
These are great LED replacements for halogens or fluorescents. I had a mix of CFLs and halogens around the house that i've been wanting to replace with low energy LEDs for some time and I've now...
Goes on smooth and easily, doesn't smear too much throughout the day. The color is great and the product is natural. I'd definitely buy it again!
I'm not a big drinker, and I'm even less of a vodka drinker. That said, this vodka is quite smooth and mixed well into a variety of cocktails. If I'm going to drink vodka, I definitely prefer...
Great product, saves a lot of water. You definitely have to use some elbow grease though.
It's one of my favorites!
VolunteerMatch.orgpost #1 of 34/17/08 at 2:22pmThread Starterpost #2 of 34/21/08 at 10:45am
Thanks for the shout out, Stins!
The Huddler community should know that VolunteerMatch.org is currently the preferred Web recruiting destination for more than 1,700 environmental organizations across the country.
That means that no matter what shade of green you are -- or what you want to get out of getting involved -- chances are good that a nonprofit who shares your perspective is looking for you at volunteermatch.org.
Here's how to get started:
1. Visit www.volunteermatch.org
2. Type in your ZIP Code
3. Pull down Interest Area menu to "Environment"
4. Off you go!
Thanks again, Huddlers!
- Goldman Environmental Prize
- › like know if I'm pregnant on 4/18/17
- › What's your favorite food? on 12/6/16
- › what is your opinion ? on 12/6/16
- › Regarding submitting Article on 12/6/16
- › Why harvest rainwater? on 12/6/16
- › Soot! on 12/6/16
- › Funding drives findings on 12/6/16
- › The Denial Machine on 12/6/16
- › GM's vice chairman calls global warming a crock of sh** on 12/6/16
- › Solar panel / Electrics question on 12/6/16
- › Tuwago B3-12DPRO 12-watt BR30 Flood LED Lamp by paul518
- › Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Eye Pencil, Coal, 0.04 Ounce by smallone
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by cristina7
- › Lucky Earth Waterless Car Wash by cristina7
- › Method Dish Soap by cristina7
- › Seventh Generation Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner by cristina7
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Organic 4th of July Cocktails
- › Tips on Grocery Shopping
- › Making Your Breakfast Organic
- › Eco-Friendly Car Washing
- › Guide to Method Home Products
- › Best All Purpose Cleaners
- › Best Natural Bathroom Cleaners
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind...
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and...