FROM YOUR LOCAL GROCER (either your co-op, natural food market, or the natural section of your regular grocer)....
Look for organic, Fair Trade, and lower sugar treats when possible. Also look for minimal packaging. For a Halloween party you can hit the bulk food section for many organic candies, but if you're handing them out, I'd get packaged. Ideas include...
- Yummy Earth Organic Lollipops
- Annie's Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Sjaak's Organic Chocolate
- Small packs of organic nuts
- Nature's Path Granola Bars
- Honey sticks - but not for kids under one year
- FruitaBu Organic Smooshed Fruit
- Fruitabu Fruit Twirls
- Stretch Island Fruit Leather
- Small packs of organic raisins
- Glee Gum “minis”
ONLINE HALLOWEEN TREATS:
- Sweet Earth Organic Chocolates has extra adorable Halloween candy.
- Natural Candy Store carries a huge selection of all sorts of Halloween treats including organic, vegan, low-sugar, kosher, and allergen free candy to name a few.
- Equal Exchange has organic fairly-traded gourmet chocolate bars, including minis.
- Taraluna has a huge array of chocolates for Halloween, including some cool peanut butter cups.