Related Forum Threads
- Climate Progress's suggestions for a green home Last post on 3/20/09 at 1:42pm in Home & Garden
- Vinegar for natural soap Last post on 10/15/15 at 8:53am in Personal Care & Clothing
- save water begining your shower. Last post on 10/28/11 at 6:55am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- New EPA program for water conservation Last post on 11/26/07 at 1:21pm in Environmental News and Politics
Frugal Intermediates Guide To Green
Last edited: 9/26/11
- ShoweringLast edited: 7/10/11
- Mothers Day Green Gift GuideLast edited: 9/26/11
- Introduction To AeratorsLast edited: 2/25/08
- How To Save Water Around The HouseLast edited: 3/30/11
These are great LED replacements for halogens or fluorescents. I had a mix of CFLs and halogens around the house that i've been wanting to replace with low energy LEDs for some time and I've now...
Goes on smooth and easily, doesn't smear too much throughout the day. The color is great and the product is natural. I'd definitely buy it again!
I'm not a big drinker, and I'm even less of a vodka drinker. That said, this vodka is quite smooth and mixed well into a variety of cocktails. If I'm going to drink vodka, I definitely prefer...
Great product, saves a lot of water. You definitely have to use some elbow grease though.
It's one of my favorites!
Simple water saving techniquespost #2 of 46/23/09 at 5:04am
Today when fresh water levels in many parts of the world have dropped alarmingly, it’s important that we become a little water wise. We should make a conscious effort to save water, however we can. Here are some water saving tips that might be useful –
* Install a low flow toilet and shower head
* Reuse grey water from the kitchen and bathroom to water you garden / lawn
* Fix leaking faucets and sprinklers
* Turn off faucets while brushing your teeth
* Take shorter showersIf you find these tips helpful, perhaps you can check out some more water saving suggestions at http://www.bewaterwise.com/tips01.htmlpost #3 of 46/23/09 at 8:49amAdditional methods of saving water:
1. Check the toilet for leaks - Add food coloring to the toilet tank. If the toilet is leaking, color will appear within 30 minutes. Check the toilet for worn out, corroded or bent parts. Most replacement parts are inexpensive, readily available and easily installed. (Flush as soon as test is done, since food coloring may stain tank.)
2. Don't flush the toilet unnecessairly - tissues, bugs etc can go into the waste basket
3. Replace older faucets with aerator types with flow restrictors.
4. Wash only full loads of clothes or dishes.
5. Rather than let water run to get a cold drink just keep a bottle of cold water in the fridge.
6. Use a compost pile rather than a garbage disopsal.
7. Insulate hot water pipes - you end up not having to waste so much water while waiting for hot water to arrive.
8. Check the water meter often to determine where you seem to be using the most water - maybe you can change a habit and save water.post #4 of 46/23/09 at 4:03pmHere's a list in the Wikis that might help: http://greenhome.huddler.com/wiki/how-to-save-water-around-the-house
Mostly lifestyle changes rather than "buy this device and save water" - although low flow shower heads are good for sure.
- › like know if I'm pregnant on 4/18/17
- › What's your favorite food? on 12/6/16
- › what is your opinion ? on 12/6/16
- › Regarding submitting Article on 12/6/16
- › Why harvest rainwater? on 12/6/16
- › Soot! on 12/6/16
- › Funding drives findings on 12/6/16
- › The Denial Machine on 12/6/16
- › GM's vice chairman calls global warming a crock of sh** on 12/6/16
- › Solar panel / Electrics question on 12/6/16
- › Tuwago B3-12DPRO 12-watt BR30 Flood LED Lamp by paul518
- › Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Eye Pencil, Coal, 0.04 Ounce by smallone
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by cristina7
- › Lucky Earth Waterless Car Wash by cristina7
- › Method Dish Soap by cristina7
- › Seventh Generation Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner by cristina7
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Organic 4th of July Cocktails
- › Tips on Grocery Shopping
- › Making Your Breakfast Organic
- › Eco-Friendly Car Washing
- › Guide to Method Home Products
- › Best All Purpose Cleaners
- › Best Natural Bathroom Cleaners
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind...
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and...