Related Forum Threads
- Climate Progress's suggestions for a green home Last post on 3/20/09 at 1:42pm in Home & Garden
- Vinegar for natural soap Last post on 8/13/11 at 8:37am in Personal Care & Clothing
- save water begining your shower. Last post on 10/28/11 at 6:55am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- New EPA program for water conservation Last post on 11/26/07 at 1:21pm in Environmental News and Politics
Frugal Intermediates Guide To Green
Edited on 9/26/11
- ShoweringEdited on 7/10/11
- Mothers Day Green Gift GuideEdited on 9/26/11
- Introduction To AeratorsEdited on 2/25/08
- How To Save Water Around The HouseEdited on 3/30/11
These sheets are really amazing. I bought a few pairs of bamboo sheets before, and I liked them. But they really seemed to deteriorate quickly and left me somewhat annoyed. But these have last...
The bamboo toothbrush has a clean design, does not absorb water or warp when wet for a long time. The bristles stay intact until you put it in hot water for a long time. It seems like the tip of...
I have to and very seldom do but this vodka is the very best...
Okay, so we're a little biased! :)
Great product: Beach Sage and Citron Leaf Method Bloq. Goes on thin, dries quickly with no greasy feel. Lasts a long time. Best of all no petroleum products in it, in fact, all indgredients in...
Simple water saving techniquespost #2 of 46/23/09 at 5:04am
Today when fresh water levels in many parts of the world have dropped alarmingly, it’s important that we become a little water wise. We should make a conscious effort to save water, however we can. Here are some water saving tips that might be useful –
* Install a low flow toilet and shower head
* Reuse grey water from the kitchen and bathroom to water you garden / lawn
* Fix leaking faucets and sprinklers
* Turn off faucets while brushing your teeth
* Take shorter showersIf you find these tips helpful, perhaps you can check out some more water saving suggestions at http://www.bewaterwise.com/tips01.htmlpost #3 of 46/23/09 at 8:49amAdditional methods of saving water:
1. Check the toilet for leaks - Add food coloring to the toilet tank. If the toilet is leaking, color will appear within 30 minutes. Check the toilet for worn out, corroded or bent parts. Most replacement parts are inexpensive, readily available and easily installed. (Flush as soon as test is done, since food coloring may stain tank.)
2. Don't flush the toilet unnecessairly - tissues, bugs etc can go into the waste basket
3. Replace older faucets with aerator types with flow restrictors.
4. Wash only full loads of clothes or dishes.
5. Rather than let water run to get a cold drink just keep a bottle of cold water in the fridge.
6. Use a compost pile rather than a garbage disopsal.
7. Insulate hot water pipes - you end up not having to waste so much water while waiting for hot water to arrive.
8. Check the water meter often to determine where you seem to be using the most water - maybe you can change a habit and save water.post #4 of 46/23/09 at 4:03pmHere's a list in the Wikis that might help: http://greenhome.huddler.com/wiki/how-to-save-water-around-the-house
Mostly lifestyle changes rather than "buy this device and save water" - although low flow shower heads are good for sure.
- › Earth Day: Top 5 best ways to Green your home for less 1 week, 5 days ago
- › Which is greener: bidets or toilet paper? 1 week, 5 days ago
- › Has anyone tried Sanre organic skinfood products? 2 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Recommendations for Green Apps? 3 weeks, 1 day ago
- › The EV-Hater's Guide to Hating Electric Cars 3 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost through Boiler Efficiency 3 weeks, 5 days ago
- › Conservation before Generation 4 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 1 month ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... on 5/20/13
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop by SolarReviews
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind... by leahjarratt
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and... by floodlights
- › How to Recycle With House Clearances by Fleur
- › Starwood Hotels & Resorts Starts its... by SolarReviews
- › How to choose qualified LED lighting by floodlights
- › Build Your Green Home by Thomas Caulen
- › Brazil Prepares for the 2014 World Cup With... by SolarReviews
- › How to choose healthy environmental... by floodlights
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery by SamsonEd