With warmer weather, I've been thinking about hitting some wineries for a bit of tasting here, a bit of tasting there. Any recommendations for where to go in the Napa/northern California region? Or even elsewhere in the US (that part's mostly just out of curiosity).
- categoryBeer Wine Alcohol
Green Drink Recipes For New Years Eve
Edited on 1/17/11
- Organic Local Solar Powered BoozeEdited on 9/26/11
Related Blog Posts
Craft Beer-Makers Put Sustainability First
Published on 7/17/12 by greenUPGRADER
Spotted: Awesome Brewery Container Garden
Published on 5/30/11 by greenUPGRADER
Beer Power to Warm UK Homes
Published on 10/27/10 by greenUPGRADER
The Growler: A Greener Way to Get Beer to Go
Published on 5/20/10 by greenUPGRADER
Drink Recipes for a Green Saint Patrick’s Day
Published on 3/15/10 by greenUPGRADER
I have to and very seldom do but this vodka is the very best...
Okay, so we're a little biased! :)
Great product: Beach Sage and Citron Leaf Method Bloq. Goes on thin, dries quickly with no greasy feel. Lasts a long time. Best of all no petroleum products in it, in fact, all indgredients in...
The Venting does not meet the minimum required length to go out side? It is vented in PVC so it looks like it goes outside right behind the boiler and the minimum length is 12' with a 90...
- Organic Local Solar Powered Booze
Wine tasting at organic wineries?
I actually just went to Frog's Leap up in the Napa Valley (Rutherford to be exact). It's a really beautiful winery plus it's organic and dry grown.
One thing to know before you go is that they do tastings on the tours and you do need a reservation. My boyfriend and I didn't know that before we went...and we just dropped in.
They're really nice there and they actually put aside a few bottles just in case there are drop ins who miss the full tasting. We got a chance to try the merlot and the sauvignon blanc (I believe...it might have been the chardonnay...I kind of forget). Both were very pleasant. We also picked up a bottle of the Frog's Leap Cabernet Sauvignon. We haven't cracked into it yet, but I'll keep you posted on how it is.
In case you're interested in tasting a bottle before you make the trip out there, I've definitely seen it at Whole Foods for maybe $35-$45 or so depending on the kind.
Here's one more rather goofy shot for y'all...
Edited by stins - 4/30/2009 at 01:15 am GMT
One of my favorites up in Napa is Salvestrin Winery. It's pretty small and family operated. On my last trip up there, it was the best wine I tasted. I bought the Retaggio that time but I also really, really like their cabernet. I'd recommend stopping by their tasting room. It's not formal by any means and they're incredibly friendly. Salvestrin isn't certified organic but they do farm organically. One of the guys there told me he's had the paperwork on his desk but that it takes more work to do that than it does to change your farming practices.
- Wine tasting at organic wineries?
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 2 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 1 day, 23 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 2 days, 12 hours ago
- › The Trouble with Asbestos Disposal 2 days, 12 hours ago
- › Avanti pr code 81345782170 Hong Kong Engineering - the avanti group... 2 days, 21 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 2 days, 22 hours ago
- › Event Boiler News - ZIMBIO 2 days, 22 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management Jakarta Reviews 2 days, 23 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management : World's First Algae House Produces... 3 days, 21 hours ago
- › Welcome to the community! Introduce yourself 3 days, 23 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru