With warmer weather, I've been thinking about hitting some wineries for a bit of tasting here, a bit of tasting there. Any recommendations for where to go in the Napa/northern California region? Or even elsewhere in the US (that part's mostly just out of curiosity).
- categoryBeer Wine Alcoholtagged by System, 4/29/09
Green Drink Recipes For New Years Eve
Last edited: 1/17/11
- Organic Local Solar Powered BoozeLast edited: 9/26/11
These are great LED replacements for halogens or fluorescents. I had a mix of CFLs and halogens around the house that i've been wanting to replace with low energy LEDs for some time and I've now...
Goes on smooth and easily, doesn't smear too much throughout the day. The color is great and the product is natural. I'd definitely buy it again!
I'm not a big drinker, and I'm even less of a vodka drinker. That said, this vodka is quite smooth and mixed well into a variety of cocktails. If I'm going to drink vodka, I definitely prefer...
Great product, saves a lot of water. You definitely have to use some elbow grease though.
It's one of my favorites!
- Organic Local Solar Powered Booze
Wine tasting at organic wineries?
I actually just went to Frog's Leap up in the Napa Valley (Rutherford to be exact). It's a really beautiful winery plus it's organic and dry grown.
One thing to know before you go is that they do tastings on the tours and you do need a reservation. My boyfriend and I didn't know that before we went...and we just dropped in.
They're really nice there and they actually put aside a few bottles just in case there are drop ins who miss the full tasting. We got a chance to try the merlot and the sauvignon blanc (I believe...it might have been the chardonnay...I kind of forget). Both were very pleasant. We also picked up a bottle of the Frog's Leap Cabernet Sauvignon. We haven't cracked into it yet, but I'll keep you posted on how it is.
In case you're interested in tasting a bottle before you make the trip out there, I've definitely seen it at Whole Foods for maybe $35-$45 or so depending on the kind.
Here's one more rather goofy shot for y'all...
Edited by stins - 4/30/2009 at 01:15 am GMT
One of my favorites up in Napa is Salvestrin Winery. It's pretty small and family operated. On my last trip up there, it was the best wine I tasted. I bought the Retaggio that time but I also really, really like their cabernet. I'd recommend stopping by their tasting room. It's not formal by any means and they're incredibly friendly. Salvestrin isn't certified organic but they do farm organically. One of the guys there told me he's had the paperwork on his desk but that it takes more work to do that than it does to change your farming practices.
- › like know if I'm pregnant on 4/18/17
- › What's your favorite food? on 12/6/16
- › what is your opinion ? on 12/6/16
- › Regarding submitting Article on 12/6/16
- › Why harvest rainwater? on 12/6/16
- › Soot! on 12/6/16
- › Funding drives findings on 12/6/16
- › The Denial Machine on 12/6/16
- › GM's vice chairman calls global warming a crock of sh** on 12/6/16
- › Solar panel / Electrics question on 12/6/16
- › Tuwago B3-12DPRO 12-watt BR30 Flood LED Lamp by paul518
- › Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Eye Pencil, Coal, 0.04 Ounce by smallone
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by cristina7
- › Lucky Earth Waterless Car Wash by cristina7
- › Method Dish Soap by cristina7
- › Seventh Generation Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner by cristina7
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Organic 4th of July Cocktails
- › Tips on Grocery Shopping
- › Making Your Breakfast Organic
- › Eco-Friendly Car Washing
- › Guide to Method Home Products
- › Best All Purpose Cleaners
- › Best Natural Bathroom Cleaners
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind...
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and...