We, my fiancee and I, want to build one probably beginning this summer or next spring. Never built one before, but I have seen a couple. Any suggestions on design, material, ventilation, heating and location? My fiancee has a great brick floor pattern design, so we would like to use a brick floor. Any pros and cons going with a brick flooring for a greenhouse? The desired size of the greenhouse will be between 400-500 sq ft.
- categoryGardening And Supplies
Related Forum Threads
- I want to green my entire my backyard Last post on 11/23/10 at 9:43am in Home & Garden
- Plant an Organic Row for the Hungry Last post on 1/19/10 at 10:29am in Take Action Near You
- Veggie Trader helps you find neighbors with homegrown produce Last post on 4/20/09 at 1:05pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Obamas to have organic veggie garden at White House Last post on 3/29/09 at 12:50pm in Environmental News and Politics
- New landscaping ideas? Last post on 2/23/09 at 11:47am in Home & Garden
Related Blog Posts
Coconut Husks Replace Peat Moss and Mulch in the Garden
Published on 7/10/09 by greenUPGRADER
DIY Vertical Garden with Reclaimed Gutters
Published on 4/29/09 by greenUPGRADER
10 Great Resources for Organic and Heirloom Garden Seeds
Published on 4/2/09 by greenUPGRADER
EarthTalk: Backyard (Organic) Vegetable Gardening In Small Spaces.
Published on 3/29/09 by The Good Human
I have to and very seldom do but this vodka is the very best...
Okay, so we're a little biased! :)
Great product: Beach Sage and Citron Leaf Method Bloq. Goes on thin, dries quickly with no greasy feel. Lasts a long time. Best of all no petroleum products in it, in fact, all indgredients in...
The Venting does not meet the minimum required length to go out side? It is vented in PVC so it looks like it goes outside right behind the boiler and the minimum length is 12' with a 90...
Now....take this with a grain of salt, I have no greenhouse personal experience. I would imagine brick floors (over poured concrete) probably work better with slightly warmer temperatures. I think if you're in a place that frosts a lot, etc. a poured concrete floor would provide more insulation.
A pro is definitely that you could make a pourous brick floor (i.e. fill in between the bricks with gravel). That way, you can easily water and have it drain directly into the soil below the floor. That way, no water is wasted and it's easier to clean the place given that you won't have to deal with big pools of water. Plus I think it would be prettier.
That was something like what I was thinking but with a waste water collector. :)
I'm an engineer and my fiancee is an architect. She comes up with the design and I try to make it happen the best I can. :) What a team, huh? ;)
I'm thinking about getting this book if I can't find it in the library.
I'll let you guys know what we came up with. :)
Seriously, what a team! I'm sure you'll come up with something great. Definitely share some pictures if you can.
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 6 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 7 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 14 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 14 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 14 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Industrial Steam Boilers 15 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 22 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 2 days, 13 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 3 days, 10 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 3 days, 23 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru