We, my fiancee and I, want to build one probably beginning this summer or next spring. Never built one before, but I have seen a couple. Any suggestions on design, material, ventilation, heating and location? My fiancee has a great brick floor pattern design, so we would like to use a brick floor. Any pros and cons going with a brick flooring for a greenhouse? The desired size of the greenhouse will be between 400-500 sq ft.
- categoryGardening And Suppliestagged by System, 4/3/09
Related Forum Threads
- I want to green my entire my backyard Last post on 11/23/10 at 9:43am in Home & Garden
- Plant an Organic Row for the Hungry Last post on 1/19/10 at 10:29am in Take Action Near You
- Veggie Trader helps you find neighbors with homegrown produce Last post on 4/20/09 at 1:05pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Obamas to have organic veggie garden at White House Last post on 3/29/09 at 12:50pm in Environmental News and Politics
- New landscaping ideas? Last post on 3/9/15 at 4:16pm in Home & Garden
These are great LED replacements for halogens or fluorescents. I had a mix of CFLs and halogens around the house that i've been wanting to replace with low energy LEDs for some time and I've now...
Goes on smooth and easily, doesn't smear too much throughout the day. The color is great and the product is natural. I'd definitely buy it again!
I'm not a big drinker, and I'm even less of a vodka drinker. That said, this vodka is quite smooth and mixed well into a variety of cocktails. If I'm going to drink vodka, I definitely prefer...
Great product, saves a lot of water. You definitely have to use some elbow grease though.
It's one of my favorites!
Now....take this with a grain of salt, I have no greenhouse personal experience. I would imagine brick floors (over poured concrete) probably work better with slightly warmer temperatures. I think if you're in a place that frosts a lot, etc. a poured concrete floor would provide more insulation.
A pro is definitely that you could make a pourous brick floor (i.e. fill in between the bricks with gravel). That way, you can easily water and have it drain directly into the soil below the floor. That way, no water is wasted and it's easier to clean the place given that you won't have to deal with big pools of water. Plus I think it would be prettier.
That was something like what I was thinking but with a waste water collector. :)
I'm an engineer and my fiancee is an architect. She comes up with the design and I try to make it happen the best I can. :) What a team, huh? ;)
I'm thinking about getting this book if I can't find it in the library.
I'll let you guys know what we came up with. :)
Seriously, what a team! I'm sure you'll come up with something great. Definitely share some pictures if you can.
- › like know if I'm pregnant on 4/18/17
- › What's your favorite food? on 12/6/16
- › what is your opinion ? on 12/6/16
- › Regarding submitting Article on 12/6/16
- › Why harvest rainwater? on 12/6/16
- › Soot! on 12/6/16
- › Funding drives findings on 12/6/16
- › The Denial Machine on 12/6/16
- › GM's vice chairman calls global warming a crock of sh** on 12/6/16
- › Solar panel / Electrics question on 12/6/16
- › Tuwago B3-12DPRO 12-watt BR30 Flood LED Lamp by paul518
- › Mineral Fusion Natural Brands Eye Pencil, Coal, 0.04 Ounce by smallone
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by cristina7
- › Lucky Earth Waterless Car Wash by cristina7
- › Method Dish Soap by cristina7
- › Seventh Generation Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner by cristina7
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Organic 4th of July Cocktails
- › Tips on Grocery Shopping
- › Making Your Breakfast Organic
- › Eco-Friendly Car Washing
- › Guide to Method Home Products
- › Best All Purpose Cleaners
- › Best Natural Bathroom Cleaners
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind...
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and...