Pros: Works great, made with healthy ingredients
Cons: Costs a little more than my normal eco-brand of laundry detergent
- 100% biodegradable.
- Graywater safe.
- Disclosure of ingredients at website and on packaging.
- Hypoallergenic and phosphate free.
- Not tested on animal - company is currently going through process to hook up with the Leaping Bunny label.
- Awarded “champion” status by the EPA – the highest possible award as a partner in the EPA’s Safer Detergent Stewardship Initiative.
- Herbatergent Scentfree and Oxygenbleach have been recognized as safe for people and the environment by the EPA’s Design for the Environment (DfE) program.
- Vaska bottles are made from up to 50 percent post-consumer content, and can be recycled in most major cities. Bottle also has a recycling reminder; even the lid has a recycling reminder on it (rare).
- Available in larger sizes - nice because it cuts down on packaging.
I really liked this detergent. I've been using Biokleen for years, due to price and due to the fact that it works. I've tried other detergents, but none that I liked as much. When I tried Vaska, I didn't expect to like it as much either, but I did.
I washed all sorts of clothes, cleaning cloths, cloth napkins, sheets, and even delicate pieces in Vaska herbatergent. Like always I used cold water only and hung most of it up to dry. All my laundry was soft and smelled clean. The bottle says to use a full cap but being me I also tested a half cap and results were just as good. So the price is not as high as you might think.
I like detergent to smell nice so I'd probably get the Lavender Herbatergent the next time around. BUT I do think the unscented that I tried would be perfect for folks who don't like added scents.
Vaska recently made big time news too when the San Francisco Giants recently started using Vaska to wash their uniforms as reported by Consumer Reports.
There were few cons. Price was a little more than my normal detergent and Vaska is not an easy detergent to find. I haven't seen it in stores yet, however, they recently added an online store link to their website which is nice.
When on sale, or in a bulk size I'd recommend this as one of my two current favorite detergents.