Pros: Get beautiful, great tasting, long lasting lip color and shine.
Cons: Not as natural or organic as it could be.
- rise & shine lipgloss is butylene glycol free, petro-chemical free, paraben free, phthalate free, gluten free, GMO free, propylene glycol free, sulfate free and made with natural fragrance.
- rise & shine is infused with Tarte’s super fruit complex - a mix of healthy natural super fruits.
- Not tested on animals.
- Packaging is extremely minimal and recyclable and they do have a recycling program for many of their products.
- Tarte fully explains their skinvigorating ingredients and discloses all ingredients both on their packaging and at the site.
- Tarte has eco-ethics in the workplace and offers green tips at their site, plus are a member of The Natural Products Association.
But Tarte, and this lipgloss is not perfectly eco-friendly. This lipgloss scores lower than some others at Skin Deep and I wish it was available in organic. If I had to label this gloss, I'd rate it as a mid-eco-level choice. You could do better, but you could also do way worse. Especially since this gloss rocks when it comes to color and shine.
How it works...
You glide on the liquid stain, then gloss over the stain with the lip enhancing gloss. The stain or tint is almost like painting juice on your lips, odd at first, but after you apply the overcoat, your lips really do look amazing. This is the first lip tint I’ve ever used that honestly lasts almost all day. It lasted though eating, drinking, and even kissing without having to reapply the tint. I just glossed over with fresh overcoat once in a while. The scent and flavor of of this gloss is fruity but not overly fruity or cosmetic-like.
Note I tried berrylicious, but they offer 4 other flavors/colors. I'd most likely get the berrylicious again though. I'm a creature of habit.