Pros: Even coverage, lightweight feel, not like make-up
Cons: too dark not the best skin deep score
I don’t wear foundation - I just don’t think it’s good for your skin; not even the green brands. It seems a little odd to put anything thick on in your pores. Still, lots of people want to cover some minor flaws, or even out skin tone. An alternative to foundation is a good tinted moisturizer.
- ECOCERT certified organic
- 100% Free of Harsh Chemicals
- 100% Free of Synthetic Preservatives
- 100% Free of Parabens
- 100% Free of GMO’s
- 100% Free of Synthetic Colors
- 100% Free of Synthetic Fragrances
- 100% Cruelty Free
- Recyclable packaging - part of ECOCERT certification is that all packaging must be recyclable.
Skin Deep score: This product scored a three; a moderate hazard. There are some lower hazard tinted moisturizers, but also a lot more that are far worse.I would have rated it higher though if it scored better.
- All of the eco-perks listed above are obvious pros.
- Not a bad Skin Deep rating - mostly based on sun hazard (more on that in cons).
- Great informative website. Lists all ingredients, uses, and more. Very helpful info offered and no sneaky stuff.
- It didn’t feel like make-up at all. This moisturizer is tinted, but really feels light, not thick at all, and goes on super smooth.
- Works well with other products - i.e another moisturizer and face powder.
- Gave sheer coverage but didn’t look like I was wearing anything - for example, I have some freckles, and while the moisturizer didn’t blend them out, they did lighten their appearance. Also one day I had a little redness on my nose (too much sun time) and this product completely evened out the red. It’s always nice not to look like Rudolph.
- Fast - no blending of colors like you need to do with some foundations. Just a quick morning fix.
- A little goes a long way. All you need is a touch to even tone.
- Not too many shades to choose from - just four.
- The shades run dark. For instance everyone I know thinks I have a medium skin tone, but the shade that suited me best was their lightest - Ivory to Fair. I also tried the next shade up; fair to light, and thought it was too noticeable. I guess this would be more a suggestion than a con, go with lighter than you think you might need.
- Not the best Skin Deep score - although, as noted, there are far worse products out there.
- Not enough SPF. If you use this, you have to also use another moisturizer with extra SPF. 30 is honestly as low as you should go with facial spf - especially if you have light skin. Also keep in mind that you can’t add spf together. You can’t use two 15 SPF product to make 30. You need to choose a basic moisturizer with an SPF of 30 and use it under this tinted moisturizer.
Overall, I think that this Organic Wear moisturizer is way better than any foundation I’ve ever seen (I’ve tried foundation for reviews, I just don’t make a rule of using them).