Related Products and Accessories:
Some people have reported hair dye being stripped from using the Lemon Myrtle Shampoo. But others have claimed that they use both our shampoos on dyed hair without any stripping of colour. We, therefore, cannot say categorically whether it will strip colour from the hair. We believe it is dependant on the hair dye used.
I've just started using the shampoo and I'm noticed more hair loss than usual. Why is this?
Our products are loosening the sebum plugs that house the hair follicles in the scalp, which may have been blocked / clogged by previous product usage (especially those containing mineral oils). This means that, for a little while, you will notice more hair than usual falling out. The hair that grows back will be healthier and stronger.
- I've just started using Miessence hair care, but it is not lathering. Why?
The shampoo probably won't foam for you until you eliminate the plastic coating on your hair from past hair care products. This can be done by either:
- time - using our products until it happens (slow)
- detoxing your hair with a few baths of 1 cup sea salt, 1 cup apple cider vinegar 2 cups bicarb soda (hop in the bath and swish your hair around in it)
- making a paste of bicarb soda and our shampoo and washing your hair with it a few times
- making a paste of clay (one of our masks - or just clay from the health food store) with our shampoo and washing your hair with that a few times.
While your hair is detoxing, it may feel dry and knotty. This is normal, as the hair is eliminating the silicone derivatives (dimethicone, cylcomethicone, any chemical with ...'cone' in it) from your hair. Once they have been dissolved, you will find our shampoo foams and you hair is silky and soft.
- Whilst my hair is detoxifying, it's really dry and wiry, what can I do?
Pre-treat your hair at night before washing. Massage organic coconut oil into the hair before you go to bed and wash out the next morning. Be sure not to use so much that the pillow cases end up a mess!
Had an issue other Huddlers should know about? Put it here.
Advice on installation, customization, and anything else.
Not necessarily products within Huddler, just any other recommended accessories.