Pros: Reusable, great pens, no paper waste, looks great, lasts forever
Cons: Made of plastic
I've reviewed tons of green products in my time, and besides my Klean Kanteen water bottle and reusable grocery bags, I'd say the product I use most often is my Cocoa Desktop Writeboard from Cocoa. I got one to review way back in 2007 and I use it daily.
Cocoa's desktop writeboard is a great way to eliminate paper use at home or at the office. Each of their writeboard products has many pros, but the original writeboard in particular features...
- A large amount of surface space for jotting down notes, to do lists, and more.
- Comes with interchangeable and totally customizable templates that are placed under the writeboard liner. You can insert a calendar, a schedule, a list, or a blank template.
- Comes with killer pens that last and last. My first pen that came with the board lasted over a year. Plus the pens are made with low-odor dry erase ink and are certified nontoxic.
On the bad side, the boards are plastic BUT I've dropped mine, moved three times, and tossed it in the dishwasher and it's still going strong, so this is a product with a LONG life, which makes up somewhat for the material.
Cocoa has a set eco-mission too as a sustainable company, which is to...
- “Design products that help you better care for the earth;
- Use sustainably produced and/or appropriately recycled raw materials to manufacture our products;
- Live the 3 R’s – Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.”
I LOVE my writeboard and can't imagine how much paper it's saved me over the last few years. Plus, if this size is too big or not mobile enough for you they offer a slate and slim version.