or Connect

Posts by siouxie-q

"Discover NYR Organic" Events in California Jan. 4-7, 2013 (https://us.nyrorganic.com/shop/corp/area/company/)   Are you concerned about the environment? Toxic chemicals in cosmetics? Do you enjoy playing with skincare, but you're wary of the ingredients? Imagine representing a skin care company that. . .  . . .puts Mother Earth first . . .uses certified organic ingredients, herbs & botanicals . . .embraces The...
The Environmental Working Group's Guide to Healthy Cleaning is published: http://www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners Some people have complained about the poor ratings of many green companies... It's because the ratings are also based on disclosure and manufacture - "Disclosure Concern: non-specific ingredient." They state in the first paragraph on the home page, "EWG’s Guide to Healthy Cleaning reviews and rates more than 2,000 popular household cleaning products with grades...
Arbonne DOES use some petroleum-based ingredients (carbomer is one; on their own website they state they don't use: "**The following** petroleum-based ingredients...") I met a consultant last year who also claimed they used NO petroleum-based ingredients - maybe they are no longer using carbomer, but there's no way of knowing! I also believe TRANSPARENCY is a MAJOR factor in determining the authenticity of "pure and natural" ingredient claims. I can't understand why...
  As Community Liaison for Macroscopic Media LLC, I am pleased to announce that this small filmmaking company is about to create quite a stir...   New filmmaker Ed Brown is just finishing up an entertaining & eye-opening documentary on industrial chemicals in our environment, and in ourselves, called "Acceptable Levels?" The focus is on solutions, and inspiring people to take action.    Here's the trailer:         And a clip...
  As Community Liaison for Macroscopic Media LLC, I am pleased to announce that this small filmmaking company is about to cause quite a stir...   New filmmaker Ed Brown is just finishing up an entertaining & eye-opening documentary on industrial chemicals in our environment, and in ourselves, called "Acceptable Levels?" The focus is on solutions, and inspiring people to take action.    Here's the trailer:         And a clip from...
CERTIFIED ORGANIC SKIN CARE from Great Britain THAT FOLLOWS THE PRECAUTIONARY PRINCIPLE: SAVE 45% on our Wild Rose Daily Moisture for Face SPF 30 (a $36 value) - on sale for $19.95 w/ any $65 purchase. SUGGESTIONS: our new Arnica Salve ($16), the Melissa Hand Care Gift Set ($44), & the Baby Soap ($6) = $66. I've been using the Arnica Salve on my lower back and it really helps with my chronic mild back pain. If you love our lemony Melissa hand products, the gift set is a...
We depend on wild pollinators to feed us, heal us, & clothe us, yet they're vanishing from our world at an alarming pace. Passionate pioneers of organic living, Neal's Yard Remedies has teamed up with activist and campaigner, Sam Roddick to launch the Bee Lovely and help Save the Bees campaign which aims to highlight the alarming decline of our precious pollinators and inform, inspire and empower people to help fight to save...
And please, no sales pitches from reps -- I only want to hear back from people who are not connected financially to this issue 
So what's the story with "cell guards" that are purported to protect the cell phone user from harmful radiation exposure? What's with "live" water and "optimized water systems"? So many of my friends have bought in to these companies -- and they're sane, seemingly intelligent people! I feel like I'm living in Stepford. I am so tired of being bombarded with Direct Sales company scare tactics, without a sound, trustworthy voice to turn to. Why are there no "watchdog...
NEW TO THE U.S.: NYR (Neal's Yard Remedies) ORGANIC, the first CERTIFIED organic skin care direct sales plan in the country. This award-winning skin care line is powered by herbs; say NO to being contaminated without consent. Neal's Yard Remedies has signed the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. Owner, organic farmer, and sustainability expert PETER KINDERSLEY will be visiting 5 locations across the U.S. in March for free “mini-conferences” and organic skin care trainings. For...