Add A New Item Tutorial
Edited on 3/30/11
- Facebook Connect TutorialEdited on 3/30/11
- Messaging TutorialEdited on 3/30/11
- Review Tutorial
Alphabetical Article List
Wiki Article TutorialBy: stinsPosted 05/27/09 • Last updated 03/31/11 • 484 views
Learn how to:
- Create A New Article
- Edit An Existing article
- Revert An Article To A Previous Version
- Report An Article
- Navigate to the Article home.
- On the main article page, locate the section you would like to contribute to. Click to view that tab.
- Within that article section, you will see a button to create a new article. If you do not see this button, you do not have the ability to create articles in this section.
- Click the "Create Article" button.
- A popover will open for you to title your article. Enter a title using letters, numbers, and spaces. Your title should be descriptive but concise.
- When you are satisfied with your article name, click save.
- An article with your title will be available for you to edit. In your article, you may see a template pre-loaded for your convenience. Keep in mind, until you click save on this page, your article will not be created. In the body of the article, feel free to add images or add YouTube videos. You can edit your post similarly to a Word document, with bold, underlined, or italicized text, embedded links, bullet points, and tables.
- When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the article.
- Here you will see a drop down to set the editing permissions on your article. You can set the article so it is editable by all members, by a select group of members you can identify by username, or by just you. If you do not see this preference, it has been set for this article category by default.
- Click "Save" when you are ready. Your article will not be created until you click "Save."
The goal of the collaboratively editable articles is to pull together the knowledge of the community. Feel free to contribute your knowledge to an existing article.
- Navigate to the article you would like to edit.
- At the top of the article, you will see a few buttons. The second button from the left is the "Edit" button. Click this to open the article editor.
- Edit the body of the article.
- At the bottom of the article, there is a blank field. Feel free to enter a brief description of your changes to let others know of your specific contribution.
- Click "Save" when you are finished editing. Until you click "Save," your changes will not be made.
Occasionally another user may edit an article in a way you disagree with. At any time, you can revert the article back to a previous version.
- Navigate to the article you would like to revert.
- Click the "History" button to view the list of article edits.
- Find the version of the article you want to roll back to. Click the "Revert" button above the version you prefer.
- The previous version of the article will appear in the article editor.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the article and click "Save" to revert back. Your changes will not be saved until you click "Save."
Occasionally, you may find an article that violates the community guidelines. Feel free to report an article to site administrators at any time.
- Navigate to the article you would like to report.
- Click the "Flag" button to send a notification for site administrators to review the content.
- Facebook Connect Tutorial
- › Conservation before Generation 4 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 1 day, 15 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 1 day, 16 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 1 day, 22 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 1 day, 22 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 23 hours ago
- › Industrial Steam Boilers 1 day, 23 hours ago
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 2 days, 6 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 3 days, 21 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 4 days, 18 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews