Related Forum Threads
- Use of pesticides linked to deaths banned near homes Last post on 4/9/10 at 8:59am in News & Policy
- how green is the new macbook? Last post on 11/28/08 at 11:28am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Bottled Water Last post on 4/15/09 at 7:44am in Anything Goes
- bpa in more then just baby bottles Last post on 10/16/08 at 9:22am in Healthy Food & Beverage
- CFL without Mecury Last post on 9/15/08 at 8:22pm in Home & Garden
Edited on 6/18/08
- Safe Personal ProductsEdited on 6/6/08
- 2008 Goldman PrizeEdited on 7/21/08
- Life Cycle Assessments
Related Blog Posts
Greenwash Of The Week: BP -Not Exactly Beyond Petroleum.
Published on 4/15/09 by The Good Human
Scary Article About New Pesticide, Methyl Iodide, To Be Sprayed On Our Food.
Published on 10/14/07 by The Good Human
Tell The EPA To Protect Children From Dangerous Airborne Lead.
Published on 1/9/08 by The Good Human
FDA Pushing Plan to Promote Mercury-Laced Seafood Diet for Pregnant Women and Children.
Published on 12/30/08 by The Good Human
What The Chemical Industry Doesn't Want You To Know About Everyday Products.
Published on 10/14/08 by The Good Human
Alphabetical Article List
"The first practice to adopt in waste management is to reduce the amount of material to be disposed of. Employing the practices of dematerialisation and designing for disassembly to facilitate reuse and recycling is a means of achieving this.
Reducing the waste generated also minimises the pollutants released into the environment from landfill sites, incineration and dumping at sea.
Another aspect of achieving good waste management is to specify materials that are inert or biodegradable. For example, paints and varnishes that are water-based or derived from plant-based solvents biodegrade on disposal. They also release fewer toxins during manufacture, use and disposal, which results in less hazardous waste."
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Reinvent
- Salvaged or Reused Materials
- Modular Case and Wall Systems
[originally published on GreenDesignWiki.com]
- Safe Personal Products
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 13 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Crown Capital Management Jakarta Indonesia: Pentalver Launch... 17 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 18 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › SAFE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR BABIES/KIDS 2 days, 2 hours ago
- › Least expensive green products? 2 days, 3 hours ago
- › Conservation before Generation 3 days, 1 hour ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 4 days, 11 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 4 days, 12 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 4 days, 19 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 4 days, 19 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery by SamsonEd
- › Running Shoes's Heavy Tread on O-Zone by SamsonEd
- › New NASA Technology Set to Watch Rocketing... by SamsonEd
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru