Related Forum Threads
- What did you do today? Last post on 3/4/11 at 9:37pm in Take Action Near You
- Glass Recycle Week's New Website for Kids Last post on 9/13/10 at 10:28am in Babies & Kids
- If you must drink soda... here's a new way to recycle Last post on 5/10/10 at 1:38pm in Healthy Food & Beverage
- Unlawful recycling - greedy or green? Last post on 5/6/10 at 11:41am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Turning Trash Into Clean Energy - U.S. Lags Behind Europe Last post on 4/26/10 at 3:56am in Renewable Energy
Cutting Down On Waste This Holiday Season
Edited on 12/15/08
- Swap TreeEdited on 5/17/11
- Long List Of Green Freebies And Budget HelpersEdited on 7/8/11
- How To Green Your Kitchen
Related Blog Posts
Ten Ways to Conserve Water and Paper
Published on Yesterday by sustainablog
Recycling: Kinda’ Like Punching Hitler in the Nose
Published on 5/17/13 by sustainablog
Mother’s Day Gift Idea: Blue Ribbon Brooch
Published on 5/7/13 by greenUPGRADER
5 Wine Cork Crafts
Published on 5/2/13 by greenUPGRADER
Spotted: Wine Cork Pendants
Published on 4/30/13 by greenUPGRADER
Alphabetical Article List
Reusing Your Old Plastic Soda Bottles
There are over 10,000 different kinds of plastic throughout the world, but only 5% of that plastic is recycled. The plastic that isn’t recycled is then thrown into our overcrowded landfills, where it can take up to 700 years to decompose and break down.
I Bet You Never Thought of…
There are literally hundreds of different ways you can reuse a plastic soda bottle. Just remember to thoroughly wash the bottle of all its liquid so you won’t contaminate whatever you put inside.
Here are 10 ways you can reuse a plastic soda bottle:
Potpourri Holder – Cut out the bottom of the bottle, put in the potpourri and cover the opening with lace and ribbon.
Piggy Bank – We all the value of a dollar, so saving every single penny counts. Cut a slit in the bottle and drop in your coins, but don’t open it and take it to a Coinstar facility until it’s full.
Coffee Maker – Cut the bottle into two pieces. Turn the top upside down so it is a funnel. Hold the funnel in place, and then place a coffee filter inside. Put ground coffee on the filter and pour hot water over the filter. It’s the cheapest coffee maker you’ll ever find!
Motion Ocean Bottle – If you’re the creative type, then you can fill the bottle with half water/half oil. Add some food coloring, glitter and anything else shiny that is small enough to fit, and be amazed at how cool it can look.
Planter – Just cut out the bottom, add some soil and your favorite plant, and you have an eco-friendly plastic pot.
Ready-to-Use Ice Packs – Fill the bottle about 2/3 full and freeze. You can use it to heal a sore ankle after a run in the park, or fill it up with a warm drink so it can be cold in a few minutes.
Flying Insect Trap – Cut the top off the bottle and turn it upside down as a funnel. Tape the funnel in place and add some soda, orange juice or other sweet liquid. Any pesky flies or other flying insects will be able to get in, but since they can’t fly upward, they will be trapped inside the bottle.
Candle Holders – If you have some long candlesticks and want to prepare a nice, cheap romantic dinner for you and your significant other, cut the top of the soda bottles off, sit them on the table with the funnel-side upward and insert the candles into the holes. Very useful and practical.
Plastic Bottle Trellis – Found the directions for this on DIYNetwork.com.
Paint Trays – Cut out the bottom of the bottle and use it as a paint tray. It’s easy to wash and convenient to carry.
These are only a few ways that you can reuse plastic soda bottles instead of just throwing them away.
Don’t forget that you can incorporate your aluminum cans, old CDs and even bottle caps into your green works of art.
- Swap Tree
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 22 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 1 day ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 1 day, 6 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 1 day, 6 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 7 hours ago
- › Industrial Steam Boilers 1 day, 7 hours ago
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 1 day, 14 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 3 days, 5 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 4 days, 2 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 4 days, 15 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru