Related Forum Threads
- Mid Missouri Peace Works Last post on 7/28/08 at 8:48am in Take Action Near You
- Carrotmob "Makes it Rain" Last post on 6/12/08 at 7:07pm in Take Action Near You
- VolunteerMatch.org Last post on 7/25/08 at 4:44pm in Take Action Near You
- WeCanSolveIt.org actions to solve the climate crisis Last post on 7/25/08 at 4:39pm in Take Action Online
- Carrotmob Inaugural Event - March 29th in San Francisco Last post on 4/2/08 at 10:45am in Take Action Near You
Goldman Environmental Prize
Edited on 4/15/08
- 2008 Goldman PrizeEdited on 7/21/08
- Tips For An Eco Friendly MoveEdited on 9/26/11
- topicNot For Profit
Alphabetical Article List
Peace NookPeace Nook in Mid-Missouri
(taken directly from their website http://www.midmopeaceworks.org/peacenook.php)
Location & Hours
We are located downstairs under the peace flag and rainbow flag at 804-C East Broadway (map), in downtown Columbia. Our hours are: Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sunday noon-6 p.m. For more information, call us at 573-875-0539 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Nook
The Peace Nook is a non-profit, volunteer-based community resource center operated by Peaceworks. The Nook is an information and social change activism referral center. It is also a storefront offering books, music, environmental products, fair trade imports, posters, jewelry, T-shirts, natural foods and much, much more!
All proceeds from the Peace Nook support the educational work of Mid-Missouri Peaceworks. As an educational non-profit, we charge no tax.
Nook volunteers are always needed. If you have a couple of hours a week to spare and would like to lend a hand in our wonderful non-profit store and community resource center, we'd love to have your help.
We invite you to visit the Peace Nook and help us promote a socially just, peaceful world as well as a sustainable future.
Vote With Your Dollars: Each purchase we make is a vote. Whenever we shop, we transfer dollars--green energy--to the business or organization we buy from. If you support Peaceworks' mission, we urge you to check out the opportunities to manifest this support in a substantial fashion, while pleasing many on your list with wonderful, unique gifts. We feature:
Alternative Bookstore: Offering readers a multi-cultural mix, The Peace Nook stocks more than 3,000 titles, including progressive literature and politics, feminist, African American, LGBT, Native American, personal growth and spirituality, holistic health, sustainable living and vegetarian cooking.
The Peace Nook regularly saves you 17 percent on books (no tax + 10 percent book club credit). We also save you 27 percent immediately on best sellers and staff picks.
Fair Trade Import Headquarters: You can trust out imported products are not made in sweatshops. We have a wide array of imports that are made by cooperatives and imported by fair trade distributors that ensure the craftspeople earn a decent living wage.
Progressive Message Products: T-shirts, posters, buttons, stickers, patches and more feature progressive messages.
Music of the World: World, women's, new age, Native American, Celtic, meditation, acoustic and folk.
Natural Foods & Environmental Products: Compact fluorescent bulbs that save energy and money make good gifts, as well as eco-friendly products, natural foods and body products. Fair Trade and organic chocolate bars make good stocking stuffers.
Tell a Friend: Most businesses allocate a substantial amount of money for advertising. We hope that word of mouth can help us keep our prices low. We thank you in advance for helping us to do this.
For our part, we will continue to provide diverse reading, fair trade imports, holiday cards and calendars, environmental products, music, jewelry, etc. at affordable prices with no tax. All the proceeds support Peaceworks. (To View Mid-Missouri Peaceworks Wiki Click Here)
- 2008 Goldman Prize
- › Earth Day: Top 5 best ways to Green your home for less 1 week, 4 days ago
- › Which is greener: bidets or toilet paper? 1 week, 4 days ago
- › Has anyone tried Sanre organic skinfood products? 2 weeks, 1 day ago
- › Recommendations for Green Apps? 3 weeks ago
- › The EV-Hater's Guide to Hating Electric Cars 3 weeks, 1 day ago
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost through Boiler Efficiency 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- › Conservation before Generation 4 weeks, 1 day ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 4 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 4 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop by SolarReviews
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind... by leahjarratt
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and... by floodlights
- › How to Recycle With House Clearances by Fleur
- › Starwood Hotels & Resorts Starts its... by SolarReviews
- › How to choose qualified LED lighting by floodlights
- › Build Your Green Home by Thomas Caulen
- › Brazil Prepares for the 2014 World Cup With... by SolarReviews
- › How to choose healthy environmental... by floodlights
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery by SamsonEd