Wiki Article Tutorial
Edited on 3/30/11
- Add A New Item TutorialEdited on 3/30/11
- Facebook Connect TutorialEdited on 3/30/11
- Review Tutorial
Alphabetical Article List
Messaging TutorialBy: stinsPosted 02/26/09 • Last updated 03/30/11 • 163 views
Important Notice: If you receive a private message or public message notification in your email, do not reply to the email. Click the 'Reply' button to reply via your message center.
- Send Private Messages
- Access And Manage Your Message Center
- Write Public Messages
- Delete Public Messages From Your Profile
- Change Your Messaging Notification Preferences
Occasionally you may want to converse with another user privately.
- Navigate to a user's profile page.
- Underneath that user's avatar, you will see two buttons - one to Subscribe to the user's activity and another to "Send Private Message."
- Click the "Send Private Message" button. The message window will pop open.
- Add a subject line, the full text of your message, and click send.
- To reply to a message, DO NOT REPLY TO THE EMAIL NOTIFICATION. The user will not receive your message. You MUST reply from your message center. Click the "Reply" button at the bottom of the message.
Access your message center
- In the header of every page, you will see your message count with the envelope icon. Click on the icon and your message count to be directed to your message center.
- You can also access your message center from your logged in home page. On the right hand side, you will see your 5 most recent messages, their subject lines, who sent them, and when they were sent. Below these quick links to your messages, you will find a "More Messages" button to access the rest of your message center.
Delete private messages
- Navigate to your message center.
- You have two options to delete a message. At the top of each message thread, you will see an "X." Click the X to delete the message without viewing the entire thread.
- You can also delete the message by clicking the "Delete" button at the bottom of the expanded thread.
A Public Message board is a message wall on a user's Profile page. This board can be viewed by anyone.
- Navigate to the Profile page of the user you would like to message.
- In the top right corner, you will see the Public Message editor. Type your message here.
- When you are satisfied, click the "Post message" button.
- Your message will appear at the top of the Public Message Board.
- Navigate to your Profile page.
- At the bottom of each Public Message, you have three options. You can view the sender's profile, message them, or delete the post. Click the "Delete" button.
If you have verified your email address, you can choose whether or not you would like to receive email notifications when another user sends you a private message or writes a public message on your profile.
- Navigate to your Profile.
- Click the "Edit Account Details" button.
- Below your "Basic Information," you will see your "Email Preferences."
- To receive email messages with your Private Messages (PMs) and Public Message board posts (BBPosts), make sure the box next to "Send PMs and BBPosts via Email." To stop receiving your messages via email, uncheck the box.
- Add A New Item Tutorial
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 8 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 2 days, 5 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 2 days, 18 hours ago
- › The Trouble with Asbestos Disposal 2 days, 18 hours ago
- › Avanti pr code 81345782170 Hong Kong Engineering - the avanti group... 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › Event Boiler News - ZIMBIO 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management Jakarta Reviews 3 days, 5 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management : World's First Algae House Produces... 4 days, 3 hours ago
- › Welcome to the community! Introduce yourself 4 days, 5 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru