Related Forum Threads
- Diesel, Hybrids, and Gasoline Last post on 5/4/08 at 11:39am in Transportation
- Ford comes out with Smart Gauge to help drivers drive greener Last post on 10/31/08 at 1:01pm in Transportation
- Chrysler offers $3/gallon gas for 3 years on new cars Last post on 7/1/08 at 3:46pm in Environmental News and Politics
- Fill your tires. Reduce your CO2. Last post on 5/24/12 at 2:37pm in Transportation
- "Americans Start to Curb Their Thirst for Gasoline" (WSJ) Last post on 3/4/08 at 6:32pm in Environmental News and Politics
Super Seed That Powers A Car
Edited on 6/14/08
- Green Car CareEdited on 9/26/11
- Hydrogen CarsEdited on 5/17/11
- Are Alternative Fuel Vehicles Really Green
Related Blog Posts
Scientists Make Fuel from CO2 Emissions and Sunlight
Published on 11/26/09 by Gas2.org
Common Misconceptions About Biodiesel Dispelled.
Published on 4/30/08 by The Good Human
Butanol Could be a Much Better Gas Replacement Than Ethanol
Published on 11/13/08 by Gas2.org
Falling Gasoline Consumption Means US Can Just Say “No” to New Pipelines and...
Published on 3/29/13 by sustainablog
Hawaii: an Epicenter for Renewable Energy
Published on 6/30/11 by sustainablog
Alphabetical Article List
Maximize Fuel Economy With Traditional Fuels
- Keep your tires properly inflated. The softer your tires are, the greater the friction between the road and the rubber, and the harder your engine will have to work. According to AutoblogGreen, "incorrect tire pressure is responsible for the production of an additional 18.4 metric tons of CO2 which end up in the atmosphere each year."
- Turn the AC off when it's not actually hot out. Your AC forces your engine to work more - save it a bit of energy.
- Take off that roof rack and dump the heavy stuff in your trunk! Your roof rack alone might be costing you up to 5% in MPG and with each 100 pounds of stuff in your trunk, you reduce your fuel economy 1 to 2%.
- Don't idle - just turn the car off. If you're waiting to pick someone up, for example, there's no need to leave the car idling. All you're doing is burning gas and NOT moving. It's silly.
- Brake less. Now, this doesn't mean you should run into the car in front of you. It means you should try to anticipate your slowing down. Braking is basically just wasting the forward momentum you built up by stepping on the gas pedal. So instead, accelerate slowly and when you think a stop or a slow down is coming, coast along and ride the road.
- Slow down. For every ten miles per hour you increase your speed, you lose as much as 15% in fuel economy. So take the safer route, go a little slower, save some fuel, and get there in just about the same amount of time.
- Green Car Care
Currently, there are 138 Active Users (1 Member and 137 Guests)
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 21 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 22 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 1 day, 5 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 1 day, 5 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 5 hours ago
- › Industrial Steam Boilers 1 day, 6 hours ago
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 1 day, 13 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 3 days, 4 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 4 days, 1 hour ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 4 days, 14 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru