Related Forum Threads
- New EPA program for water conservation Last post on 11/26/07 at 1:21pm in Environmental News and Politics
- save water begining your shower. Last post on 10/28/11 at 6:55am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- See Disneynature’s OCEANS on Earth Day 2010! Last post on 4/14/10 at 2:29pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Simple water saving techniques Last post on 6/23/09 at 4:03pm in Ask An Industry Leader
- SNL Junk Mail video Last post on 5/23/09 at 7:55am in Take Action Online
Introduction To Aerators
Edited on 2/25/08
- What Is A Het High Efficiency ToiletEdited on 9/12/08
- Frugal Beginners Guide To GreenEdited on 9/26/11
- Frugal Intermediates Guide To Green
Related Blog Posts
Find Out What Your Water Footprint Is And How To Reduce It.
Published on 6/5/08 by The Good Human
Going Back To The Corded Phone To Save Energy.
Published on 5/15/08 by The Good Human
Could Research Show That People Are Not Interested In Green Homes?
Published on 4/8/08 by The Good Human
New Free Font “Ecofont” Reduces Ink in Printing by 20%
Published on 12/12/08 by sustainablog
Standby Kill Chip: The End of Vampire Power?
Published on 12/3/08 by Cleantechnica
Alphabetical Article List
How To Save Water Around The HousePosted 12/06/07 • Last updated 03/30/11 • 612 views • 0 comments
- Don’t leave the tap running while you brush your teeth (or shave, wash your face, etc). Turning off the water during teeth-brushing can save up to two gallons of water every time you brush.
- Fix leaks – this can save up to 10 gallons of water a day from one faucet. Fixing a leaky toilet can save about 200 gallons of water daily.
- Install low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators. This can save both hot and cold water (aerators can save up to 40%).
- Take showers instead of baths. A bath typically requires 70 gallons of water, while a five-minute shower uses 10 to 25 gallons.
- When you need to run the washing machine or dishwasher, make sure the machines are full (and when you need to replace them, go for a high efficiency washer).
- When you need to water your lawn or garden, do not water between 6 a.m. or 6 p.m. Some estimates say that more than 50 percent of landscape water is wasted through evaporation or runoff caused by over-watering. Better yet, xeriscape (which refers to gardening with native and drought resistant plants).
- If you pour yourself a glass of water and don’t finish it, instead of pouring it down the drain, find another use for it such as watering a plant.
- Avoid flushing the toilet when you don’t have to – throw tissues, insects, and dental floss away in the trash instead of the toilet.
- When you wash dishes by hand, fill one sink/basin with soapy water followed by a quick rinse under a mild drip from the faucet.
- Don’t wait for the water from the faucet get warm before you wash your hands. It might be chilly but it'll still get the job done.
- Instead of waiting for the tap to run cold when you want a glass of water, store a pitcher of drinking water in the refrigerator.
- Don’t use running water to thaw frozen food. Defrost food overnight in the refrigerator or use your microwave’s defrost setting.
- Don’t pre-wash dishes before you put them into the dishwasher. Scrape off residual food but then load them directly into the washer.
- Save and reuse any cooking water (boiling/steaming) by adding to recipes that call for water (pasta sauce, soups, etc), or let cool off and use to water fertilizer-loving house- and patio-plants.
- What Is A Het High Efficiency Toilet
Currently, there are 148 Active Users (0 Members and 148 Guests)
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 12 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Crown Capital Management Jakarta Indonesia: Pentalver Launch... 17 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 18 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › SAFE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR BABIES/KIDS 2 days, 2 hours ago
- › Least expensive green products? 2 days, 3 hours ago
- › Conservation before Generation 3 days ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 4 days, 11 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 4 days, 12 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 4 days, 18 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 4 days, 19 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery by SamsonEd
- › Running Shoes's Heavy Tread on O-Zone by SamsonEd
- › New NASA Technology Set to Watch Rocketing... by SamsonEd
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru