Related Forum Threads
- What did you do today? Last post on 3/4/11 at 9:37pm in Take Action Near You
- Glass Recycle Week's New Website for Kids Last post on 9/13/10 at 10:28am in Babies & Kids
- If you must drink soda... here's a new way to recycle Last post on 5/10/10 at 1:38pm in Healthy Food & Beverage
- Unlawful recycling - greedy or green? Last post on 5/6/10 at 11:41am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Turning Trash Into Clean Energy - U.S. Lags Behind Europe Last post on 4/26/10 at 3:56am in Renewable Energy
Cutting Down On Waste This Holiday Season
Edited on 12/15/08
- Swap TreeEdited on 5/17/11
- Long List Of Green Freebies And Budget HelpersEdited on 7/8/11
- How To Green Your Kitchen
Related Blog Posts
Ten Ways to Conserve Water and Paper
Published on 5/20/13 by sustainablog
Recycling: Kinda’ Like Punching Hitler in the Nose
Published on 5/17/13 by sustainablog
Mother’s Day Gift Idea: Blue Ribbon Brooch
Published on 5/7/13 by greenUPGRADER
5 Wine Cork Crafts
Published on 5/2/13 by greenUPGRADER
Spotted: Wine Cork Pendants
Published on 4/30/13 by greenUPGRADER
Alphabetical Article List
How To Reuse Your Old CdsPosted 05/22/08 • Last updated 03/30/11 • 2188 views • 0 comments
The poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said it best when he stated: “Music is the universal language of mankind.”
That’s why music today is something we can all appreciate, just like the preservation of the environment.
And even though more and more people are downloading music from places like iTunes and Napster, there is still a large amount of us who stick to purchasing CDs.
The bad thing about buying CDs is all the excess paper and plastic packaging that comes with them, not to mention that millions are thrown away every year.
The good thing is that we can recycle and reuse almost every part of our old CDs.
Here are a few creative ways you can recycle your old CDs:
Take your old CDs and create a piece of original art on a canvas, or use your favorite CD covers and create a unique collage.
- Flower Pot
Stack your old plastic CD drums, drill a few holes and add your own decoration to make a flower pot, like the one here.
- Headphone Holder
Use the bottom of your CD drum (the part with the middle spindle) and tape it up to use as a headphone holder, as seen here.
Decorate them with stickers or glitter, put some cork on the bottom of them, and use them as coasters.
- Paint Palette
If you’re an artist, use the small circular discs as paint palettes. They’re easy to wash off and you can even use a few at a time.
- Bike Reflectors
Tape them to your bicycle wheels and use them as reflectors.
- Picture Holders
Stick your favorite picture into the clear CD case, fold over the base and use it as a picture frame.
- Candle Holder
Place an old CD on the bottom of a candle to catch any dripping wax.
- Make a CD Lamp
This is a really cool website from Jim Watters that shows how he made a lamp out of a stack of CDs and a fluorescent bulb.
- Bagel/Donut Holder
This picture from Flickr.com says it all!
- Wall/Window/Mirror Border
If you have enough to go around your bedroom, use them like a wallpaper border, or decorate the edges of your windows or mirrors.
Of course, if you’re not very creative and you just want to recycle your CDs, you can send them to SecondLifeDisc.com for free.
The company located in Ventura, California takes all of your old CDs, plastic cases and even DVD cases and recycles them into plastic parts for the automotive and building industry.
Every person around the world shares the love of music, so if you happen to have a few old CDs that you’re thinking of throwing away, then recycle them or make them into something fun and unique.
- Swap Tree
- › Reducing Energy Cost through Boiler Efficiency 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 1 day, 7 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Management Jakarta Indonesia: Pentalver Launch... 1 day, 12 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 1 day, 12 hours ago
- › SAFE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR BABIES/KIDS 2 days, 21 hours ago
- › Least expensive green products? 2 days, 22 hours ago
- › Conservation before Generation 3 days, 19 hours ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 5 days, 6 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 5 days, 7 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 5 days, 13 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery by SamsonEd
- › Running Shoes's Heavy Tread on O-Zone by SamsonEd
- › New NASA Technology Set to Watch Rocketing... by SamsonEd
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru