Related Forum Threads
- See Disneynature’s OCEANS on Earth Day 2010! Last post on 4/14/10 at 2:29pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- SNL Junk Mail video Last post on 5/23/09 at 7:55am in Take Action Online
- Every Drop Matters Last post on 5/3/11 at 10:00am in Home & Garden
- save water begining your shower. Last post on 10/28/11 at 6:55am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Conservation before Generation Last post on Yesterday at 1:19 pm in Renewable Energy
What Is A Het High Efficiency Toilet
Edited on 9/12/08
- Cut Energy Bills With Pioneer DayEdited on 3/10/09
- Frugal Beginners Guide To GreenEdited on 9/26/11
- Frugal Intermediates Guide To Green
Related Blog Posts
Find Out What Your Water Footprint Is And How To Reduce It.
Published on 6/5/08 by The Good Human
Going Back To The Corded Phone To Save Energy.
Published on 5/15/08 by The Good Human
Could Research Show That People Are Not Interested In Green Homes?
Published on 4/8/08 by The Good Human
New Free Font “Ecofont” Reduces Ink in Printing by 20%
Published on 12/12/08 by sustainablog
Standby Kill Chip: The End of Vampire Power?
Published on 12/3/08 by Cleantechnica
Alphabetical Article List
How To Reduce Junk MailPosted 12/06/07 • Last updated 03/30/11 • 618 views • 0 comments
Junk Your Junk Mail!
- Register your name with the Direct Marketing Association’s Mail Preference Service. After you do this, DMA will add you to the "Do Not Mail" database.
- If you do business with a company via mail services, they will put you on their contact list. The first time you make a transaction with such a company (such as placing an order), ask to be put you on their "in-house suppress" or "do not promote" lists. Tell them not to "rent" or share your name with other companies.
- To cut down on the catalogs that get sent to your house, give Catalog Choice a try. It's a free service sponsored by the Ecology Center and endorsed by the NRDC and the National Wildlife Federation that lets you decide what actually makes it to your mail box.
- To stop junk mail from credit card, mortgage, and insurance companies, try going to OptOutPreScreen.com which allows you to remove your name from lists generated by the four major credit bureaus, Equifax, Innovis, TransUnion, and Experian.
- Get the Stop the Junk Mail Kit from the Consumer Research Institute. This kit comes with pre-addressed postcards for you to send to companies that send you those annoying catalogs, wasteful postcards, and unnecessary brochures.
- A few subscription services will reduce your junk mail for you. You can pay a subscription fee to join Stop The Junk Mail which offers an online service to reduce junk mail. Also, check out GreenDimes – for a dime a day they will reduce your junk mail and plant a tree in your name every month.
- If you’re fed up with other types of junk (faxes, email, phone calls, etc), take a look at JunkBusters.com.
- Try calling the phone number listed under the publisher details on the junk mail. Often if you call or email they will remove you from the mailing list for a publication.
- Track the source of your junk mail by using unique middle initials on your subscriptions. This will help you figure out who is giving out your address, getting straight to the source.
- If you've done everything above and there's still a trickle of junk still getting through, try one of these "Return to Waster" stamps, stamp the junk and put it into a mailbox. Unless the marketer paid for 1st class mail they are not likely to make it back to them; stamping the junk is more of an act of protest. The more people who do it however, the more attention the issue will get.
- And if after all that, if a few pieces of junk mail get through, try upcycling. Turn your junk mail into pieces of art, bookmarks, packing materials, envelopes, and more.
- Cut Energy Bills With Pioneer Day
Currently, there are 135 Active Users (1 Member and 134 Guests)
- › SAFE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR BABIES/KIDS 3 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Least expensive green products? 4 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Conservation before Generation 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 2 days, 12 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 2 days, 13 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 2 days, 20 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 2 days, 20 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 2 days, 20 hours ago
- › Industrial Steam Boilers 2 days, 21 hours ago
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 3 days, 4 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews