Related Forum Threads
- See Disneynature’s OCEANS on Earth Day 2010! Last post on 4/14/10 at 2:29pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- I need inexpensive tip for saving rain water Last post on 6/22/09 at 4:26pm in Home & Garden
- SNL Junk Mail video Last post on 5/23/09 at 7:55am in Take Action Online
- Who owns the rain that falls on your roof? Last post on 11/29/09 at 1:13am in Home & Garden
- Every Drop Matters Last post on 5/3/11 at 10:00am in Home & Garden
Frugal Intermediates Guide To Green
Edited on 9/26/11
- What Is A Het High Efficiency ToiletEdited on 9/12/08
- Craziest Green ProductsEdited on 9/29/11
- Cut Energy Bills With Pioneer Day
Related Blog Posts
Published on 4/16/09 by EcoChildsPlay.com
Quick Green Reads For The Weekend Volume Seventy Three.
Published on 7/11/08 by The Good Human
Find Out What Your Water Footprint Is And How To Reduce It.
Published on 6/5/08 by The Good Human
Going Back To The Corded Phone To Save Energy.
Published on 5/15/08 by The Good Human
Just How Much Rainwater Can You Collect Off Your Roof?
Published on 8/25/08 by The Good Human
Alphabetical Article List
How To Make A Rain Barrel
- Get a barrel and clean it. A good size barrel is a 55-gallon one. Look for one that is food-grade (that way you will ensure that it is not made with harsh chemicals). Clean the barrel with a mixture of 5 gallons of water and 1/8 cup of bleach.
- Install a hose spigot. To install a 3/4" hose spigot, drill a 15/16" hole for the spigot threading a few inches from the bottom of the barrel. The hose spigot will allow you to connect a garden hose to your rain barrel and water your garden easily.
- Move your barrel to its new home. Position your barrel under the downspout. Measure where you will need to cut/disconnect the downspout (check to see if you can disassemble the downspout at the gutter by removing the screws). If you need to cut into your downspout, try using a fine-tooth hacksaw. A flexible downspout extender can also help you make the transition into your barrel lid.
- Cut the barrel opening. If your barrel comes with a lid, or if it has a sealed top, you will need to cut a hole in it. Place the downspout connection into the barrel (either directly in the case of no lid or through the whole if you have a lid).
- Wait for rain.
- What Is A Het High Efficiency Toilet
Currently, there are 266 Active Users (0 Members and 266 Guests)
- › Earth Day: Top 5 best ways to Green your home for less 1 week, 4 days ago
- › Which is greener: bidets or toilet paper? 1 week, 4 days ago
- › Has anyone tried Sanre organic skinfood products? 2 weeks, 1 day ago
- › Recommendations for Green Apps? 3 weeks ago
- › The EV-Hater's Guide to Hating Electric Cars 3 weeks, 1 day ago
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost through Boiler Efficiency 3 weeks, 4 days ago
- › Conservation before Generation 4 weeks, 1 day ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 4 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 4 weeks, 2 days ago
- › Fiber Element Bamboo sheet set by tw6852
- › Brush with Bamboo - Ecological Bamboo Toothbrush Family Pack by jtangerine
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › Thinking Outside the Rooftop by SolarReviews
- › The Role of Politics in the Planning of Wind... by leahjarratt
- › How to distinguish poor quality LED light and... by floodlights
- › How to Recycle With House Clearances by Fleur
- › Starwood Hotels & Resorts Starts its... by SolarReviews
- › How to choose qualified LED lighting by floodlights
- › Build Your Green Home by Thomas Caulen
- › Brazil Prepares for the 2014 World Cup With... by SolarReviews
- › How to choose healthy environmental... by floodlights
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery by SamsonEd