Related Forum Threads
- Medical journal The Lancet Tuesday withdrew a 1998 study linking autism with inoculation Last post on 2/4/10 at 10:39pm in Personal Care & Clothing
- What Did/Are You Do/ing With The Placenta? Last post on 1/1/10 at 11:25am in Babies & Kids
- Baby/Kid/Family Green Deals and Steals: post them here! Last post on 2/24/12 at 11:38am in Babies & Kids
- New & Improved Categories in Organic Baby & Kids... Last post on 7/30/09 at 7:44am in Babies & Kids
- Baby Diaper Rash/ Yeast Infection Tips and Recipes Last post on 5/10/12 at 1:24pm in Babies & Kids
Cloth Diapering 101
Edited on 6/13/12
- Baby Powder InformationEdited on 1/17/11
- Long List Of Green Freebies And Budget HelpersEdited on 7/8/11
- 10 Easy Steps To Green Parenting
Related Blog Posts
Handmade, Organic Baby Bedding from Cuddle Organics
Published on 7/19/10 by greenUPGRADER
Johnson & Johnson Going Green With 1,4-Dioxane And Formaldehyde In Products?
Published on 4/2/09 by The Good Human
Teach Your Kids To Go Green.
Published on 3/2/09 by The Good Human
Lifecycle Designed Furniture From Toddler to Teen
Published on 9/10/08 by greenUPGRADER
Green Diapers: A Lot of Sh*t to Think About
Published on 7/16/08 by greenUPGRADER
- categoryBaby Care
Alphabetical Article List
How To Green Your Pregnancy
There are many ways to have a green pregnancy. Having a green pregnancy helps to keep both you and your baby healthy and subsequently helps prep you for successful green baby care and green parenting as well.
Eat naturally and organic:
Many of the foods we eat contain chemicals, pesticides, and other icky junk that you don't need and your growing baby certainly doesn't need that stuff either. To eat green while pregnant...
- Choose organic foods over conventional especially when foods are particularly high in pesticides. The Dirty Dozen list can teach you about the safest and least safe produce.
- Drink organic coffee. The March of Dimes suggests that pregnant women should have just one to two daily 8-ounce servings of caffeine daily, so why not make your only cups of coffee organic and Fair Trade? Organic coffee means less pesticides in your body, in your baby's body and creates a healthier planet.
- During pregnancy you need to drink eight glasses + of water per day. To keep all that water healthy, carry a non-toxic, reusable water bottle over plastic bottles. Traditional plastic water bottles not only leech chemicals into your drink but also create major waste issues. Earth 911 estimates that only 24% of all plastic water bottles are recycled. Some nice reusable water bottle choices include: Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Bottle, EarthLust Stainless Steel Water Bottles, and Sigg Water Bottles.
Primp with natural and organic body care and cosmetics:
Primping during pregnancy is not only fun but makes you feel great plus adds a little normal into what can seem like a life-altering experience. However, many body care products and cosmetics contain toxins that aren't healthy for you or your baby. To keep your beauty routine healthy, safe, and green during pregnancy...
- Go through your bathroom and do a green audit which means clearing out all the toxic beauty and care products you have. Make sure you recycled the containers.
- Before you purchase an item check it's greenness and health score at Skin Deep.
- Make sure the products you buy are organic and natural. Read your labels and make sure you not only can pronounce everything in the product, but also that you know what everything is.
- Look for natural and non-chemical hair coloring products.
- Choose natural nail polishes and nail polish removers.
Fast green pregnancy tips:
- Limit your use of toxic household cleaning products - not only can these toxic products hurt your home air quality and the planet, but research says they may even hurt your unborn baby. One study, published in European Respiratory Journal, reports that expectant mamas who use toxic household cleaning products may be putting their baby at an increased risk for developing asthma as a youngster.
- Take off your shoes in the house. Expectant mamas feet may be more relaxed without shoes, and shoes drag all sorts of pesticides into your home.
- Buy organic maternity clothing.
Healthy & Green Pregnancy Products:
Above it's mentioned that you should use healthy, non-toxic cosmetics and body care during pregnancy. The following list offers some suggestions.
- Rainbow Research for natural hair coloring products.
- PeaceKeeper offers less toxic, more natural nail paints.
- Earth Mama Angel Baby - I Love My Mama Gift Set - EMAB are made especially for pregnancy and baby care and all their items score a zero at Skin Deep.
- Afterglow Mineral Cosmetics Organic Lip Love Lipstick
- Physicians Formula Organic wear 100% Natural Origin Tinted Moisturizer
- Baby Powder Information
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 8 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 2 days, 5 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 2 days, 18 hours ago
- › The Trouble with Asbestos Disposal 2 days, 18 hours ago
- › Avanti pr code 81345782170 Hong Kong Engineering - the avanti group... 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › Event Boiler News - ZIMBIO 3 days, 3 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management Jakarta Reviews 3 days, 5 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management : World's First Algae House Produces... 4 days, 3 hours ago
- › Welcome to the community! Introduce yourself 4 days, 5 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru