Related Forum Threads
- TOP 12 TOXINS TO AVOID IN BODY CARE: Last post on 5/5/11 at 5:05pm in Personal Care & Clothing
- Are You Getting an Organic Halloween Pumpkin? Last post on 11/28/10 at 3:40pm in Home & Garden
- It's Organic Harvest Month! Last post on 9/12/10 at 10:13am in Take Action Near You
- Celebrate a Green Halloween - Halloween 2010 Last post on 9/8/10 at 3:51pm in Take Action Near You
- 2010 ChicoBag & Green Halloween Bag Design Contest Last post on 9/8/10 at 3:46pm in Babies & Kids
How to define a green job?
Edited on 8/10/12
- Homemade Non Toxic Home Air FreshenersEdited on 9/26/11
- Give Time As A Gift This Christmas SeasonEdited on 10/22/09
- The Most Eco Friendly Christmas Tree
Related Blog Posts
Does a Sustainable Lifestyle Really Have to Cost More? [Infographic]
Published on 10/18/12 by sustainablog
The Day I Slaughtered a Duck And Ate It
Published on 12/3/10 by sustainablog
4 Ways You Can Entertain Yourself… Sustainably
Published on 10/22/10 by sustainablog
Why I Love Flea Markets
Published on 9/9/10 by sustainablog
Top 10 Habits To Fight Premature Ageing
Published on 9/1/10 by FeelgoodStyle
Alphabetical Article List
How To Green Your Christmas Tree
Fake Trees versus Real Trees: Which is greener?
Know something? Add it here.
How To Green Your Real Christmas Tree
- Get a living tree. Living Christmas trees can bring you plenty of holiday cheer and then bring cheer to your outside. If you're in Portland, OR, consider renting a live tree! The Original Living Christmas Tree Company provides full-size evergreen trees, along with pick up and delivery services. And if you're in San Francisco, you can order a living potted tree for $90. Then after the holidays, SF Environment (in partnership with Friends of the Urban Forest) will pick up the trees and plant them in SF neighborhoods.
- Recycle your tree. Earth911 and the National Christmas Tree Association can help you find a Christmas tree recycling program near you.
- Grow your own Christmas tree.
- Get a local Christmas tree. Find Christmas tree farms in California, Illinois, and New York.
- Get an organic Christmas tree (or one grown on a farm with Integrated Pest Management).
How To Green Your Artificial Christmas Tree
- Make your own artificial tree. It might not look like that classic evergreen, but you can make your own tree from any number of recycled materials and give it your own flare every year. You could make a tree out of soda cans or maybe even spare scraps.
- Get a wooden tree. Most artificial trees are made from PVC. If you're thinking of going artificial, try something a bit different with a wooden version. Lucky Farm makes handcrafted trees which stand 6 to 8 feet tall.
How To Green Your Decorations
- Make your own decorations. Try googling "dough ornaments" for a range of recipes to make your own holiday decorations.
- Buy meaningful ornaments. Rather than buying dozens of ornaments for your first tree, consider buying one ornament each year. Choose something special that you will look forward to hanging up each year, not something that will eventually never leave the box of decorations.
- Use LED or solar powered lights for your tree and for any outside decorations.
- Make a popcorn garland instead of using tinsel. After the holidays, hang the popcorn outside to feed the birds and save the fishing line to use next year.
- Get creative! Think outside of the ornament box. For example, what about decorating your tree with photographs of family and friends? What items do you already have around the house that you can reuse? What items can you use as decorations that can be used for something else the rest of the year?
- Homemade Non Toxic Home Air Fresheners
Currently, there are 120 Active Users (0 Members and 120 Guests)
- › SAFE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR BABIES/KIDS 6 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Least expensive green products? 7 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Conservation before Generation 1 day, 5 hours ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 2 days, 15 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 2 days, 16 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 2 days, 23 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 2 days, 23 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 2 days, 23 hours ago
- › Industrial Steam Boilers 3 days ago
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 3 days, 7 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews