Related Forum Threads
- Homemade dishwasher detergent Last post on 8/12/08 at 10:42am in Home & Garden
- Which natural and organic cleaners are made here in the US and which ones aren’t ? Last post on 2/23/10 at 12:03am in Renewable Energy
- Shaklee Last post on 10/22/12 at 10:23pm in Home & Garden
- New Bill to Protect Children from Untested Chemicals Last post on 10/25/09 at 10:25pm in Babies & Kids
- DYI Wind turbines Last post on 5/14/09 at 12:15pm in Renewable Energy
Homemade Non Toxic Home Air Fresheners
Edited on 9/26/11
- How To Make Your Own Solar Food DehydratorEdited on 3/30/11
- Homemade Face Masks And Skin CareEdited on 9/26/11
- Keep Your Winter Heating Bills Low
Related Blog Posts
5 Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Published on 5/9/13 by greenUPGRADER
Mother’s Day Gift Idea: Blue Ribbon Brooch
Published on 5/7/13 by greenUPGRADER
5 Wine Cork Crafts
Published on 5/2/13 by greenUPGRADER
Spotted: Wine Cork Pendants
Published on 4/30/13 by greenUPGRADER
5 Ways to Reuse Cereal Boxes and Organize Your Life!
Published on 4/26/13 by greenUPGRADER
Alphabetical Article List
Homemade Cleaner Recipes And TipsPosted 03/27/09 • Last updated 08/08/12 • 5985 views • 1 comment
We all need stuff to clean our houses. And sure, there are plenty of eco-products you can buy off the shelves like various green household cleaners. But if you're feeling crafty or if you really want to know exactly what your products are made of...trying making your own!
Russian ver.: Кроме того, Вам предоставляется идеальная возможность купить курительные смеси в Москве http://spice-moscow.blogspot.com/ по данному адресу, но наложенные платежи по умолчанию не предусмотрены. Товар не подлежит обязательной сертификации, но тем не менее его легальность доказана и протестирована многими исследовательскими институтами.
Homemade Cleaners: Basic Ingredients
There are 8 staples for homemade cleaners, then some ideas for the right mixology is below:
- Baking soda: provides grit for scrubbing and reacts with water, vinegar or lemon by fizzing, which speeds up cleaning times
- Borax: disinfects, bleaches and deodorizes; very handy in laundry mixes (Warning: keep out of reach of children)
- Distilled white vinegar: disinfects and breaks up dirt; choose white vinegar over apple cider or red vinegars, as these might stain surfaces
- Hydrogen Peroxide: disinfects and bleaches
- Lemons: cut grease; bottled lemon juice also works well, although you might need to use bit more to get the same results
- Olive oil: picks up dirt and polishes wood; cheaper grades work well
- Vegetable based (liquid castile) soap: non-petroleum all-purpose cleaners like Dr. Bronner's castille soap
- Washing soda: stain remover, general cleaner, helps unblock pipes; should be handled with gloves due to its caustic nature. Washing soda zoloft is usually found in the laundry aisle of grocery and drug stores.
Recipes for homemade cleaners
What are you making?
All Purpose Cleaners (and soft scrub)
- (optional: rubbing alcohol)
Streak-free Window washer
- dishwasher soap
Fill spray bottle with water. Add one tiny drop of dishwasher soap and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Shake well and use.
(this recipe came from a professional window washer's essay writer blog )
Freshening Window Cleaner
- Water (fill the container almost all the way)
- 4 tbsp. vinegar
- 15 - 20 drops lemon essential oil
Combine all ingredients in a 22-32 oz. spray bottle. Hairy Drain De-clogger
- 2-3 tablespoons Baking Powder mixed in luke-warm water
- 1 cup Vinegar
1) Mix Baking Powder in water and disolve as much as possible. Pour down the offending drain. The longer it takes the better - the baking powder will soak in.
2) *Slowly* pour in resveratrol vinegar. Listen to it fizz! That's how you know it's working. Together, these will kill all of the germs or bacteria growing in your drain, which can catch hair and generally gunk things up. It will also loosen all but the most stubborn hair balls. I'll
3) Chase with very hot water - boiling hot if possible.
4) Repeat as necessary. (This one is great even if you have lots of curly hair and old plumbing.)
Purifying Tub Scrub
- Oxygen bleach
- Essential oils
Using oxygen bleach as the abrasive, add 6-10 drops of ONE of the following essential oils: lemon, lavender, white thyme luxury hotels, tea tree, grapefruit, and scrub! Disinfecting and Uplifting Floor Cleaner
- 1-gallon bucket of warm water
- A very small squeeze of liquid castile soap
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- 4 drops tea tree essential oil
Combine all ingredients in a large container and clean away!
Disinfecting Toilet Bowl Cleanser
- Approximately 18 oz. of water
- ¼ cup liquid castile soap
- 20 drops of white thyme essential oil (or for variety try lavender, tea tree or lemon oil)
Combine ingredients in a 22 oz. spray bottle. It helps to let the mixture sit in the bowl for a few minutes before you start scrubbing.
- 1 oz. liquid castile soap
- 1/2 cup washing soda
- 1/2 cup borax
- 1/4 cup baking soda or 1/4 cup white vinegar
Using the liquid castile soap as a base, combine with washing soda, borax (for stains and bleaching), and either baking soda (reduces static and softens fabrics) or white vinegar (softens fabrics, reduces static and bleaches clothes). If you feel like your clothes aren't clean enough, play around with the amount of liquid castile soap, using from 1 oz essay writer. to 1 cup.
Check out this wiki for another DIY laundry detergent.
- 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
Cleansing Room Spray
- 4 oz. water
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- 6 drops patchouli essential oil
- 15 drops white thyme essential oil
Combine in a 4 oz. spray bottle and mist into the room as needed. Silver Polish
- Baking Soda
- Distilled Water
Combine Baking Soda and Water to make a thick paste. With a wet sponge apply the mixture onto the surface using circular motions. Rinse with hot water and buff with a clean dry cloth.
* For heavily tarnished items leave paste on item for approx 1 hour and clean off with a sponge and hot water.
KayMMIV's Homemade Cleaners Cabinet
These are what are used to clean with in my house. Some jobs just require one ingredient, like just vinegar (disinfectant/deodorizer, just hydrogen peroxide (stain remover) or just baking soda (scrub/abrasive cleaner) and some a mix of a few of them. It's cheap and easy to do. Most people say they don't have time to make their own cleaners, invariably I find these people have never tried (or have tried with complicated recipes), it's amazingly simple and quick to make all the recipes I use, and they work just as well as store bought or better- and oh so much cheaper!
- How To Make Your Own Solar Food Dehydrator
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 1 day, 2 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 1 day, 14 hours ago
- › The Trouble with Asbestos Disposal 1 day, 14 hours ago
- › Avanti pr code 81345782170 Hong Kong Engineering - the avanti group... 1 day, 23 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 2 days ago
- › Event Boiler News - ZIMBIO 2 days ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management Jakarta Reviews 2 days, 2 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management : World's First Algae House Produces... 3 days ago
- › Welcome to the community! Introduce yourself 3 days, 1 hour ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru