Related Forum Threads
- What did you do today? Last post on 3/4/11 at 9:37pm in Take Action Near You
- Glass Recycle Week's New Website for Kids Last post on 9/13/10 at 10:28am in Babies & Kids
- If you must drink soda... here's a new way to recycle Last post on 5/10/10 at 1:38pm in Healthy Food & Beverage
- Who has the most recycling responsibilty - consumers or Starbucks? Last post on 5/10/10 at 12:59pm in Take Action Near You
- Unlawful recycling - greedy or green? Last post on 5/6/10 at 11:41am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
Recycling Your Used Coffee Grinds
Edited on 1/24/11
- Throwing An Eco ShindigEdited on 9/26/11
- Green Your Brew Steps To Choosing Eco Friendly CoffeeEdited on 9/26/11
- Cutting Down On Waste This Holiday Season
Related Blog Posts
Ten Ways to Conserve Water and Paper
Published on 5/20/13 by sustainablog
Recycling: Kinda’ Like Punching Hitler in the Nose
Published on 5/17/13 by sustainablog
Mother’s Day Gift Idea: Blue Ribbon Brooch
Published on 5/7/13 by greenUPGRADER
5 Wine Cork Crafts
Published on 5/2/13 by greenUPGRADER
Spotted: Wine Cork Pendants
Published on 4/30/13 by greenUPGRADER
Alphabetical Article List
Green Your Caffeine
Did you know that worldwide 1.4 billion cups of coffee are consumed every day? Did you know there's a lot of room for improvement in terms of eco- and social-responsibility? Read on for tips on how to green your own caffeine addiction!
Now this wiki is not just limited to caffeinated beverages...of course this goes for decaf also!
- Get a reusable mug (and use it)! Americans alone throw away 25 trillion polystyrene (commonly known as Styrofoam) cups every year. Plus you'll look way cooler carrying around a mug from your alma mater or one with your kid's picture on it.
- Buy and drink fair trade coffee. Fair trade ensures that the farmers that cultivate your coffee and tea are getting paid living wages and are working in safe conditions. Not to mention, TransFair and Rainforest Alliance also include environmental standards in their certification criteria.
- Buy and drink organic coffee. You may not be able to quit the caffeine habit but you can definitely quite the pesticide one.
- Buy and drink locally. Suport your local farmers and economy and reduce the carbon emissions from the transport of your java.
- Go with loose tea. You'll save a bunch of resources that are used on individually packaged tea bags and the cloth/paper wrapped around the tea leaves.
- Try a reusable filter if you brew at home. Or if you can't seem to go reusable, at least look for biodegradable filters.
- Compost your coffee grounds and tea bags. Why send that stuff to the landfill when it can do some great work in your garden? For more details on recycling your coffee grounds, check out the wiki!
- Don't fill up the entire kettle if you're not going to use all the water. Measure out the water you need in your mug and then pour that into the kettle. It saves energy in the heating process and it saves you time in the waiting process!
- Use an electric kettle if you've got one. They're the most energy efficient. After that, the next most efficient water heating option is using the microwave. It takes the most energy to heat water on the stove.
- Purchase your sugar (or sweetener of choice) in bulk. Those individually-sized servings waste a TON of paper.
- Throwing An Eco Shindig
- › SAFE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR BABIES/KIDS 12 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Least expensive green products? 13 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Conservation before Generation 1 day, 10 hours ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 2 days, 21 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 2 days, 22 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 3 days, 4 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 3 days, 5 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 3 days, 5 hours ago
- › Industrial Steam Boilers 3 days, 6 hours ago
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 3 days, 13 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews