Related Forum Threads
- Vectrix has a new competitor Last post on 11/10/08 at 10:36am in Transportation
- CNN names top 8 electric scooters Last post on 10/23/08 at 1:00pm in Transportation
- Does Vectrix have a rival? Last post on 9/23/08 at 9:11am in Transportation
- Electric Scooters Last post on 1/27/10 at 10:37am in Transportation
- Even in a recession, Brammo makes some hires Last post on 5/15/09 at 11:26am in Transportation
Introduction To Electric Cars And Electric Scooters
Edited on 1/17/11
- Intelligent Energy Emissions Neutral Vehicle (ENV)No review yet.
Related Blog Posts
Morgan Threewheeler Making A Return
Published on 11/8/10 by Gas2.org
EICMA 2010: Rise of the Electric Vehicles
Published on 11/5/10 by Gas2.org
TTXGP Season Final at Albacete: End of a Season…Beginning of an Era
Published on 10/27/10 by Gas2.org
Brammo Doubles Mileage Of Electric Motorcycle
Published on 10/20/10 by Gas2.org
Brammo Seeks to Expand Dealer Network Beyond Best Buy
Published on 9/24/10 by Gas2.org
Alphabetical Article List
Great Green Motorcycles
Over the last few years, there have been huge advancements in electric car and battery technology. But this technology is no longer just for cars! These innovations have spurred the creation of a variety of electric motorcycles. Many of these batteries are super durable, and they can last up to 10 years.
So, what are some of the greenest motorcycles both on the market and in concept phase today? Here are a few:
Manufactured by Zero Motorcycles, a company that sells high-performance electric motorcycles, the Zero S is a fully electric supermoto motorcycle that is powered by a Z-force lithium ion power pack and has an integrated fast charger.
An urban commuter electric motorcycle created by Brammo that can travel up to 15,000 miles on about $85 worth of electricity. The Enertia Bike battery can be charged in any wall outlet within 3 hours.
The GPR-S is a zero emissions street legal electric motorcycle for light commuters and motorcycle enthusiasts alike. It has a 14.2 kilowatt electric drive system and hi-power lithium and reaches highway speeds.
It can travel for 35-60 miles per charge and reach a top speed of 60-70 MPH.
Created by Intelligence Energy, a British hydrogen energy company, the ENV (emissions neutral vehicle) has one of the most quiet engines around, and according to its designers, its water vapor emissions are so clean that they are actually drinkable.
Yamaha's Gen-Ryu Hybrid Bike runs on an electric generator that drives its rear wheel, and it even has an on-board battery that recharges itself.
Not only that, the concept includes Yamaha's H.M.I. (Human Machine Interface) system with a vehicle-vehicle distance warning system, "a cornering light system that improves nighttime vision when turning at intersections and curves," noise canceling, voice navigation, music player, and lots of other neat stuff.
Honda Cub Motorcycle
Featuring a cool, futuristic design, the Honda Cub runs on a hydrogen fuel cell and is perfect for urban professionals.
The designer Sam Jibert explained: “I’ve based this concept around the Honda Cub, which has been around for decades and is still very popular on the continent with locals and tourists alike. The Cub is very practical but this concept takes it to a new level, with a provocative image and being environmentally responsible, the new Cub should appeal to young city professionals and the young trendy market in general.”
The Killacycle can recharge its A123 Systems nano-phosphate batter cells in less than 4 minutes, and it's the first ever electric powered vehicle to go over 150 mph in a 1/4 mile!
According to the website, "it has over 500 hp and accelerates 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in less than a second. Including burn-outs, the KillaCycle could make 7 or more runs on one charge. [The Killacycle] recharges in less than 4 minutes."
Okay, these vehicles may be very green, but if you want to see the most eco-friendly (and prehistoric looking) green motorcycle around you’ll have to travel to the Philippines.
Created by the natives of the Cordilleras, these motorcycles use nothing but the power of gravity and your feet. Let’s just say that Fred Flinstone would be very proud to own one.
If you’re interested in promoting your love for motorcycles, check out this Reduce Your Carbon Footprint – Ride a Motorcycle T-shirtstromtarifvergleich oldenburg from redbubble.
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 1 day, 9 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 1 day, 11 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 1 day, 17 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 1 day, 17 hours ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 18 hours ago
- › Industrial Steam Boilers 1 day, 18 hours ago
- › My list of Fakers and Not Fakers 2 days, 1 hour ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 3 days, 16 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 4 days, 13 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 5 days, 2 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews