Related Forum Threads
- Making Our Home Efficient is Turning into a Nightmare! Last post on 12/25/08 at 1:43pm in Home & Garden
- Turning Trash Into Clean Energy - U.S. Lags Behind Europe Last post on 4/26/10 at 3:56am in Renewable Energy
- DIY Energy Audits Last post on 9/10/10 at 1:41pm in Home & Garden
- Easy Green New Year's Resolutions Last post on 1/26/11 at 1:32pm in Take Action Near You
- Useless 'Renewable Energy' Sources Last post on 8/26/10 at 8:01am in Renewable Energy
How To Save Energy Around The House
Edited on 3/30/11
- How To Get Tax Credits For Energy EfficiencyEdited on 3/30/11
- Introducing the Brand New QHC LED High BayEdited on 11/16/12
- Keep Your Winter Heating Bills Low
Related Blog Posts
Top 10 Tips for Creating an Eco Friendly Home
Published on 11/29/12 by greenUPGRADER
Can Portable Buildings Provide a Greener Infrastructure Alternative?
Published on 6/4/12 by sustainablog
Upgrading Your Windows? [INFOGRAPHIC]
Published on 2/28/12 by greenUPGRADER
One Simple Way to Conserve Water at Home: Take a Navy Shower!
Published on 1/25/12 by sustainablog
Quick Energy Saver: Clean Your Refrigerator Coils
Published on 10/25/11 by greenUPGRADER
Alphabetical Article List
Energy Audits For The Home
Many home owners are interested in one thing when it comes to their home. Reducing the cost of 'running' the home.
Many are also interested in being environmentally friendly.
Some are planning to undertake a home renovation project in the near future.
A home energy audit helps on all of the above.
Provided absolutely free by many local utilities, a home energy audit is an examination by a professional on the energy usage and efficiency of a home. It typically takes 2 to three hours to complete, depending on the size of the home and the completeness of the process.
At the the end of the process the energy auditor will send a report to the home owner recommending energy conservation and efficiency activities specific to the home as well as those more general in nature.
Recommendations can run the full gambit from areas of the home needing caulking to prevent heat loss in the winter / cool air loss in the summer, to recommendations for increased attic and wall insullation, to suggested heating and cooling devices that are more energy efficient. The key point is that the energy audit report and it's recommendations are specific to the homeowner's own home so there is no guess work on it's applicability to the homeowner.
There are a few web sites providing detailed insights into home energy audits.
The web site DailyHomeRenoTips.com by an average home owner outlines the actual energy audit report received and it's recommendations in it's series of blog posts at the following URL: http://dailyhomerenotips.com/ecoenergy/
The United States Department of Energy has a nice section on it's web sites devoted to explaining home energy audits conducted by both professionals as well as those that can be done by the home owner themselves at the following URL: http://www.eere.energy.gov/consumer/your_home/energy_audits/index.cfm/mytopic=11160
- How To Get Tax Credits For Energy Efficiency
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 1 day, 21 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 2 days, 10 hours ago
- › The Trouble with Asbestos Disposal 2 days, 10 hours ago
- › Avanti pr code 81345782170 Hong Kong Engineering - the avanti group... 2 days, 19 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 2 days, 19 hours ago
- › Event Boiler News - ZIMBIO 2 days, 19 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management Jakarta Reviews 2 days, 21 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management : World's First Algae House Produces... 3 days, 19 hours ago
- › Welcome to the community! Introduce yourself 3 days, 21 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru