Related Forum Threads
- Phoenix Motorcars files for Chapter 11 Last post on 5/12/09 at 9:55am in Transportation
- Nova Last post on 6/6/08 at 3:35pm in Transportation
- ZAP sells $5.1 million in EVs Last post on 9/17/08 at 8:46am in Transportation
- Miles Electric Vehicles Last post on 12/10/10 at 8:13am in Transportation
- I saw a Tesla Roadster on the road! Last post on 3/9/11 at 1:47pm in Transportation
The 2012 Top 10 Green Employers
Edited on 2/8/13
- Introduction To Electric Cars And Electric ScootersEdited on 1/17/11
- Tesla Motors Silicon Valley ShowroomEdited on 1/17/11
- Air Car Introduction
Related Blog Posts
Bring On The Electric Car - Just Paid $4.03 A Gallon For Gas.
Published on 4/17/08 by The Good Human
Are Plug-in Hybrids Eco-friendly Green?
Published on 4/12/08 by greenUPGRADER
A 220 MPG Green Sports Car
Published on 6/9/08 by greenUPGRADER
Update: the Russian Hybrids are Real!
Published on 12/15/10 by Gas2.org
Chrysler Planning Ram 1500 Diesel/Hybrid?
Published on 12/7/10 by Gas2.org
Alphabetical Article List
Electric Car RevolutionPosted 01/12/08 • Last updated 01/18/11 • 885 views • 0 comments
Ever since the Prius became a household name, hybrid and electric vehicles have been making waves. There are a wide variety of electric car start-ups popping up all over the place. And why? Because electric vehicles (EVs) are:
- Cleaner: even when powered by today's grid, EVs have a CO2 footprint smaller than hybrids.
- Cheaper: with multiple miles per kilowatt hour, fuel costs for EVs are less than half (as low as one tenth) per mile compared to gas cars and there is much less maintenance.
- Domestic: fueled by locally generated electrons, EVs do not fund terrorist régimes.
Install solar panels or a wind turbine and you can fuel your driving with renewable power.
Tesla Motors has been highly publised, but what else are we Huddlers hearing about?
Tesla Motors: Tesla's first release is a sexy roadster that is changing the image of the all-electric vehicle. Keep an eye on this company for future development of more affordable all-electric sedans.
American Electric Vehicle: Their Kurrent is what they call a neighborhood vehicle. Sure, you won't sail down the interstate at alarming rates but it can definitely get you to the grocery store in a fun, eco-conscious way.
Commuter Cars: Has the " high performance, road-hugging, ultra-narrow" Tango coming out. You may have seen the pictures of George Clooney standing outside of his. Did you know that you can park the Tango perpendicular to the curb?
Modec: Modec offers an electric van for commercial purposes. It can carry up to two tons, travel 100 miles, and go 50 MPH.
Reva: Although the Revai isn't available in the United States yet, this India-based company has been producing all-electric vehicles since 2001.
Venturi: Can you believe that the Venturi Fetish costs even more than the Tesla? Well, that's right. Going for about $435k, the Fetish is an all-electric vehicle that will soon be joined by Venturi's new models (the Eclectic and the Astrolab).
Porteon: Apparently this Portland based company has signed a deal with a developer in Mexico to bundle the sale of its vehicles with homes.
Venture Vehicles: Venture offers three different configurations of its VentureOne vehicle. While definitely not the most traditional looking mode of transportation, it's a lot more than a glorified motor-scooter. Go to the company's website and check out the videos. They're pretty crazy.
NICE Car Company: Based in London, NICE offers an electric car, an electric truck, and electric bikes.
AC Propulsion: This company can boast that it makes the fastest electric car in the world. It's tzero has been turning heads at Forbes. Unfortunately it's not for sale - it's just to demonstrate that electric cars can be fast and efficient.
- Mitsubishi i MiEV: Most folks have heard of Mitsubishi. And yes, it doesn't exactly fit in the rest of the small electric car start-ups. But if you haven't checked out the i MiEV, you should. AutoblogGreen calls it "one of the most exciting pure-electric projects discussed by a major automaker."
- Green Vehicles: Their Triac might just be the first highway-speed vehicle on the road in full force. Test drives should be available in July 2008.
- Coda Automotive: Based in California, Coda is the developer of the all-electric Coda Sedan. They plan on delivering 14,000 of the China-made cars to the US in 2011. Coda is also a battery developer.
- Smith Electric Vehicles: Smith Electric Vehicles is the oldest and largest commercial electric vehicle manufacturer in the world. The US Marine Corps has purchased some of their trucks.
- Introduction To Electric Cars And Electric Scooters
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Crown Capital Management Jakarta Indonesia: Pentalver Launch... 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 6 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › SAFE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR BABIES/KIDS 1 day, 15 hours ago
- › Least expensive green products? 1 day, 15 hours ago
- › Conservation before Generation 2 days, 13 hours ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 3 days, 23 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 4 days, 1 hour ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 4 days, 7 hours ago
- › Boiler-House Renovation at Unilever Saves 25% Energy with VLT Aqua... 4 days, 7 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews