Related Forum Threads
- Ok, I need all the womenly advice as much as possible :) Last post on 5/21/09 at 9:08pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- New Green Connection Site For Eco-Responsible Singles Last post on 5/9/09 at 7:02pm in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- EthicalSingles.com - Dating for Green Singles Last post on 1/9/09 at 1:50am in Other Green Stuff & Green Services
- Welcome to the community! Introduce yourself Last post on 5/14/13 at 11:35pm in Anything Goes
Green Your Valentines Day
Edited on 9/26/11
- How To Green Your Bedroom FunEdited on 3/30/11
- How To Recycle Your Sex ToysEdited on 3/30/11
- Make Your White Wedding A Little GreenEdited on 9/26/11
Related Blog Posts
Eco-Guide: How I Turned My Wedding Green (Part Two)
Published on 3/17/09 by FeelgoodStyle
Looking for Eco-Fabulous Wedding Gowns?
Published on 3/8/09 by FeelgoodStyle
Eco-Friendly Wedding Gowns That Won’t Break Your Budget
Published on 3/6/09 by FeelgoodStyle
Looking for Love in all the Right Places
Published on 2/11/09 by greenUPGRADER
Get Your Green Groove On With Some Sustainable Love
Published on 12/18/08 by greenUPGRADER
Alphabetical Article List
Dating IdeasPosted 06/17/08 • Last updated 09/26/11 • 901 views • 0 comments
Looking for something more environmentally friendly than your typical dinner and a movie date?
Surprise your date by picking him or her up with something other than a car. Tandem bicycles or rollerblades are a fun green way to get around. For bikes- check if there is a rental place in your area, but be sure to pick the bike up on your way home from work! For rollerblades - pick them up at a second hand shop. Be sure to bring a backpack with to carry spare shoes!
If you feel like bringing your date a token of affection, skip the store bought cut flowers. They are covered in pesticides, and won't last more than a week or two. If you really want to give flowers, consider a potted plant, buying flowers from a farmer's market where they are hopefully local and pesticide-free, or picking some from your own garden. Other options- bring some fresh, local, organic produce! Nothing says "like" like zucchini, and nothing says "love" like strawberries. ;)
Consider an outdoors date.
- Long walks along the beach (or lake, or river) are romantic, free, and non-polluting.
- Check out what events are being held by your local state parks - you may be able to choose a night of candlelit cross country skiing (Check out what your parks offer...you might be pleasantly surprised). Parks may even offer rental equipment (canoes, skis, etc).
- Think about packing a picnic using pyrex dishes to store the food, and real plates, silverware, and glasses that can be taken home to be washed afterward. After all, plastic forks aren't really conducive to feelings of fondness... Local food and organic wine will definitely set the mood.
Think about staying in.
- No transportation needed!
- Turn the lights off for a candlelit dinner.
- Cook with local, in season ingredients.
- Pretend you're old-school wooing him or her and read some poetry (or perform a little serenade on that dusty guitar).
- You could even get a little crazy and play board games!
- If the weather permits and if you have a backyard, get cozy in a two-person hammock.
And if things go really well, check out this wiki on how to Green Your Bedroom Fun.
- How To Green Your Bedroom Fun
- › Your Running Shoes’ Carbon Footprint 2 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Reducing Energy Cost through Boiler Efficiency 10 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Crown Capital Management Jakarta Indonesia: Pentalver Launch... 1 day, 20 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 1 day, 20 hours ago
- › SAFE GREEN CLEANING PRODUCTS FOR BABIES/KIDS 3 days, 5 hours ago
- › Least expensive green products? 3 days, 5 hours ago
- › Conservation before Generation 4 days, 3 hours ago
- › Ban Plastic Water Bottles 5 days, 13 hours ago
- › The Tyler Group News Blog Reviews: China factory PMI | Imdb 5 days, 15 hours ago
- › Anger Management: How To Deal With Anger 5 days, 21 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery by SamsonEd
- › Running Shoes's Heavy Tread on O-Zone by SamsonEd
- › New NASA Technology Set to Watch Rocketing... by SamsonEd
- › Earl—A Solar Tablet for the Wanderlust... by SolarReviews
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru