Related Forum Threads
- What are your opinions of the respective VP picks? Last post on 10/1/08 at 10:18pm in Anything Goes
- Sarah Palin Pranked Last post on 11/3/08 at 2:55pm in Environmental News and Politics
- Thoughts on the VP debate? Last post on 10/4/08 at 9:54am in Environmental News and Politics
- Obama's new Home Star “Cash for Caulkers” program Last post on 1/5/10 at 9:47pm in Home & Garden
- Ladies and Gentlemen, Senator Al Franken Last post on 6/30/09 at 3:20pm in Environmental News and Politics
Joe Biden For President In 2008
Edited on 3/14/08
- Fred Thompson For President In 2008Edited on 3/14/08
- Tom Tancredo For President In 2008Edited on 3/14/08
- Mitt Romney For President In 2008
Alphabetical Article List
2008 Vice President Nominee Environmental Records
Joe Biden (D)
"If I could wave a wand, and the Lord said I could solve one problem, I would solve the energy crisis. That's the single most consequential problem we can solve. It's what you have to do to get greenhouse gases under control."
Sarah Palin (R)
"A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute [global warming] to being man-made."
It's Getting Hot In Here (Climate Change)
- Not only thinks climate change is real and is a force to be reckoned with, he calls it "not merely an environmental issue, it is a security issue."
- Introduced legislation calling for an international cleantech fund of $2 billion
- Calls for a national cap-and-trade system and an 80% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 2050
- Doesn't think humans are causing global warming: she says, "A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made." Sure, Palin. The IPCC is just wrong. Let's trust you instead.
Burning the Midnight Oil (Traditional Fuels)
- Chairs the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multi-state agency that "member states efficiently maximize oil and natural gas resources through sound regulatory practices while protecting our nation's health, safety and the environment."
- Accepted $5,000 in campaign contributions in 2001 during her unsuccessful campaign for Alaska lieutenant governor from executives at VECO, Alaska's largest oil contracting firm.
- Her husband works for BP Oil
- Advocates "mutually beneficial relationships with the oil industry"
- Believes it's "God's will" that a natural gas pipeline be built through Alaska.
It's Okay To Be Different (Alternative Energy and Energy Efficiency)
- Advoted updating building codes, expanding the Energy Star program, and increasing incentives for energy efficiency in commercial buildings
- Sponsored the FLIP-to-SAVE bill which would provide $50 million in grants for states to distribute compact fluorescent light bulbs and educate residents (he says "there are lots of little things we can do to make a gigantic change")
- Thinks biofuels are a good starting point
Emission-free power...really? (Nuclear Power)
- Sees nuclear power as possibly having "a role"
- "I would not invest in [growing our nuclear-power capacity in its current form]"
- During her speech at the Republican National Convention, she said "in a McCain-Palin administration...we're going to build more nuclear plants"
You Drive Me Crazy (Transportation)
- Supports increasing federal funding to improve the rail system.
- Rides Amtrak every day Congress is in session.
- Supports raising fuel economy standards by 1 mpg each year, doubling investment in development of lithium ion batteries, requiring new vehicles to be flex-fuel, and requiring major gas stations to sell alternative fuels.
Take Refuge (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and Biodiversity)
- Opposes drilling for oil in ANWR: he's voted against exploration repeatedly
- Calls for US leadership to protect biodiversity
- Fully supports opening ANWR for drilling
- Sued the Interior Department over its decision to list polar bears as a threatened species (she calls it "unwarranted...based on uncertain climate models")
- Opposed the restriction of new mining operations which could negatively impact salmon fisheries
- Supported aerial hunting of wolves and promoted more killings by offering a bounty for each dead wolf
- Hangs out with a dead grizzly bear in her office
CONCLUSION: Gaia loves you, Joe.
CONCLUSION: Run, polar bears, run.
- Fred Thompson For President In 2008
- › Reducing Energy Cost Through Boiler Efficiency 1 day, 10 hours ago
- › The Avanti Group News Articles: Pre-engineered CHP systems 2 days, 7 hours ago
- › Britain Needs EU to Save Its Greenery 2 days, 20 hours ago
- › The Trouble with Asbestos Disposal 2 days, 20 hours ago
- › Avanti pr code 81345782170 Hong Kong Engineering - the avanti group... 3 days, 5 hours ago
- › Crown Eco Jakarta Capital Management Reviews: Eco-Friendly Housing... 3 days, 6 hours ago
- › Event Boiler News - ZIMBIO 3 days, 6 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management Jakarta Reviews 3 days, 7 hours ago
- › Crown Capital Eco Management : World's First Algae House Produces... 4 days, 5 hours ago
- › Welcome to the community! Introduce yourself 4 days, 7 hours ago
- › Ed Phillips & Sons Co. Prairie Organic Vodka by CWeller
- › Coeconut 100% Organic Vegan Lip Balm by coeconut
- › Method bloq body lotion by cybergrannie
- › Frazer 3- Tier Clothes Drying Rack by Rubee53
- › Lochinvar Knight Mod/Con boiler by tito
- › Gilden Tree Foot Scrubber by smoore
- › Pegasus Cottage Collection 1.28 GPF Flapperless Toilet by Fredeliot
- › Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries by smoore
- › PowerGard by tboysworth
- › GE Daylight Energy Smart Spiral T3 by ginnercat
- › Fracking and Solar: Friends, Foes or the... by SolarReviews
- › Tesla Motors, Profitable, Goes on a Hiring Spree by GreenJobsGuru
- › Waste Recycling Facts by Erich Lawson
- › Contaminated Lands Become More Attractive for... by SolarReviews
- › Colored Solar Panels Address Concerns of... by SolarReviews
- › Maker of Revolutionary Ocean Wave Glider... by GreenJobsGuru
- › Report Anticipates 220 New Gigawatts of... by SolarReviews
- › Mosaic’s Latest Solar Project Sends... by SolarReviews
- › Google, Cisco are Coolest IT Companies, Says... by SolarReviews
- › Car or Motorcycle? A Stunning New Electric... by GreenJobsGuru